IonPac® CS12A Cation-Exchange Column
Medium Capacity Column for Fast, Isocratic Separation of Cations Using MSA or Sulfuric Acid
The IonPac® CS12A is a medium-capacity, carboxylate-functionalized cation-exchange column recommended for fast, isocratic separation of lithium, sodium, ammonium, potassium, magnesium, and calcium using methanesulfonic or sulfuric acid eluents in diverse sample matrices.
The new CS12A-8µm and CS12A-5µm Capillary Columns offer the same selectivity as their analytical-scale counterparts, but offer the advantage of reduced eluent consumption, thereby lowering operating costs.
The medium-capacity IonPac CS12A cation-exchange column supports fast, isocratic separation with suppressed conductivity detection. Sample matrices include environmental and drinking waters; soil extracts; acid digests; power plant waters treated with ammonium or morpholine; chemical additives; chemical process solutions; scrubber solutions; plating baths; and industrial solvents.
IonPac® CS12A Cation-Exchange Column Features:
- Robust, reliable column for separation of group I and II cations plus ammonium
- Recommended for separation of manganese and morpholine
- Recommended for analyses of inorganic cations in complex matrices
- Simplified Reagent-Free IC operation provided by the EG or eluent regeneration
- Compatible with organic solvents (except alcohols), high temperatures, and high acid concentrations
- Analysis time for six common cations as short as 4 min (CS12A-5μm) to 15 min (CS12A-8μm)
- The CS12A-MS column offers fast elution at the low flow rates required for IC-MS, making it ideal for IC-MS screening
- For disparate concentration ratios of adjacent-eluting cations, the high-capacity IonPac CS16 is recommended
- Particle Size: 5, 8 µm
- Length: 30, 50, 150, 250 mm
- ID: 0.4, 2.0, 4.0 mm