The Biotage® Initiator Peptide WorkstationManual Microwave Peptide Synthesis Key Features: • Enables microwave assisted peptide synthesis • Reusable 2-5 mL or 10-20 mL microwave peptide vials • Disposable HDPE frit • Reusable snap cap • Height adjustable vacuum head • Use in Initiator without system modifications • Microwave cleavage on the same platform • Compact footprint Rapidly synthesize high quality peptides using microwave irradiation The Biotage® Initiator Peptide Workstation is an accessory to perform manual microwave peptide synthesis and cleavage utilizing the Biotage Initiator microwave synthesizer. The Initiator Peptide Workstation consists of a specially designed microwave peptide...Read more
Receive your quote directly from Biotage for Initiator Peptide Workstation
Microwave Peptide Vials
The microwave peptide vial is available in two different sizes; 2-5 mL for 75-150 µmol scale or 10-20 mL for 250-500 µmol scale (depending on resin loading). The complete vial is easily assembled and consists of a glass vial, HDPE frit, check valve and snap cap with septum.
The wash station consists of a specially designed height adjustable vacuum head on a stand. When connected to a vacuum pump, this allows the microwave peptide vial to be easily emptied when positioned on the vacuum head. Material can be collected in a standard GL 45 laboratory glass bottle, 50 mL centrifuge tube or even a round bottom flask.
• Economically Synthesize Difficult Sequences Use microwave irradiation and standard reagents to synthesize difficult sequences that are problematic or even impossible to synthesize using standard methods.
• Faster Synthesis Reduce cycle times by using microwave irradiation and fast manual washing and emptying.
• Versatile Allows solution and solid phase peptide synthesis, cleavage of peptides and post-synthetic modification of peptides using microwave irradiation. The Workstation can also be used to perform other types of chemistry, e.g. organic, PNA and peptoid synthesis.
• Reduce Costs When using expensive reagents you can manually add the exact amount of reagent while minimizing waste and costs.
Specifications of the Wash Station:
• Two microwave peptide vial sizes available: 2-5 mL for 75-150 µmol scale or 10-20 mL for 250-500 µmol scale (depending on resin loading)
• Agitation: Variable magnetic stirrer (recommend 300-600 rpm)
• Initiator type: with EXP function only (disconnect robot and restart system)
• Wash station vacuum seal: viton seal as standard, kalrez seal available as an option
• Wash station vacuum head fits: standard GL 45 (45 mm diameter neck size) laboratory glass bottles, 50 mL centrifuge tube and round bottom flasks (B24 and larger)
• Dimensions: 180 x 190 x 340 mm (W x D x H)
• Weight: 1.5 kg