IncuCyte ZOOM™ Live Cell Imaging System
The IncuCyte ZOOM™ is Essen BioScience’s second-generation live cell imaging system, designed to operate inside a standard incubator. The IncuCyte ZOOM gathers and analyzes red and green fluorescent and phase-contrast images automatically, around the clock, and is ideal for use in long-term assays, lasting days or weeks. Researchers program an imaging schedule, load culture and assay plates i...read more
2 scientists have reviewed this product
See all reviews
Member since 2014
Read more »
"The IncuCyte is a nice piece of equipment, recording different parameters (confluence, fluorescent) over time from cells seeded in flasks or microplates."
|Arjan Van Adrichem|
See all reviews
Member since 2014
Institute for Molecular Medicine Finland
Read more »
"The IncuCyte ZOOM (Essen Bioscience) can be used for many applications, but in combination with CellTox-Green (Promega) one can follow cell toxicity over time. The initial setup takes some time, since the ZOOM needs a reference image library, but after this 'teaching', it's basically 'plug and play' and very friendly in use. If one would run into trouble, the support team is very friendly too! Both the ZOOM and CellTox-Green do cost a fair bit, but the vast amount of data generated is worth it. "
The IncuCyte ZOOM™ is Essen BioScience’s second-generation live cell imaging system, designed to operate inside a standard incubator.
The IncuCyte ZOOM gathers and analyzes red and green fluorescent and phase-contrast images automatically, around the clock, and is ideal for use in long-term assays, lasting days or weeks. Researchers program an imaging schedule, load culture and assay plates into the instrument, close the incubator door and walk away.
Convenient and Flexible
The IncuCyte ZOOM system consists of a microscope gantry that resides in the cell incubator, and a networked external controller hard drive that gathers and processes image data. The gantry drawer holds up to 3 configurable vessel trays at a time, and supports imaging of over 300 different standard plates (including 96- and 384-well), T-flasks, dishes and micro-slides. This vessel flexibility allows multiple experiments to be run concurrently.
Expert Imaging Optics
IncuCyte ZOOM supports HD phase-contrast, green fluorescence and red fluorescence automated imaging modes. Our proprietary High Definition (HD) Phase Contrast imaging format is insensitive to optical aberrations caused by the fluid meniscus, even in 96- and 384-well plates. In Whole Well Imaging mode, entire wells all the way to the edge can be imaged even in large area formats such as 35 mm dishes. Different microscope objectives (4x, 10x, 20x) can be housed within each system and readily interchanged by the user.
Accessible, Quantitative Image Analysis
IncuCyte ZOOM is controlled from the office or home by powerful yet simple to use desktop software. Remote monitoring of assay progress or cell culture status can be done from any networked computer. Customizable and trained phase-contrast and multi-color image processing metrics are available, allowing for real time analysis and data visualization on the fly. Creating image and movie files for export is fast and straightforward. The IncuCyte ZOOM also has a powerful embedded database architecture making it simple for users to search and retrieve experimental data.
- Operates from within a standard incubator
- Automated imaging of cell cultures and assay plates around the clock
- Remote access to images and data analysis by any networked computer
- HD phase contrast and 2-color fluorescence imaging
- Three objectives available – 4x, 10x, 20x
- Unlimited software licenses
- Built-in cell-based metrics for quantitating observed biology
- Proliferation (confluence and cell counts)
- Apoptosis (caspase 3/7 for live-cell imaging)
- Dilution cloning (whole-well imaging)
- Migration / Invasion
- Stem Cell monitoring and reprogramming
- Neurite outgrowth and dynamics
- Reporter gene expression
Application notes and news
- Novel Kinetic Live Cell Imaging Assays for T cell Killing of Tumor Cells
- Differential Biology of Tumor Cell Migration and Invasion through Bio-Matrices Measured with 96-w...
- Kinetic and Label-Free, Live Content Imaging Assays for Neurite Outgrowth in Primary, iPSC-Derive...
- Development of 96/384-Well Kinetic Neurite Outgrowth/Stabilization Assays in Human iPSC-Derived N...
- NeuroLight Red™ and NeuroPrime™ Cell Kit: New Products for Monitoring Neurite Outgrowth, Kinetic...
- Neurolight Red™ and NeuroPrime™: New Enabling Reagents for Live Cell Imaging in Neurobiology
- New 2-Color Kinetic Live Content Imaging System and Assay Reagents