In-VitroCell ES (Energy Saver) NU-5841
NuAire’s NU-5841 In-VitroCell ES (Energy Saver) direct heat Microbiological CO2 Incubator is designed with the NuTouch Intelligent Interface, a friendly color touch screen offered in English, Spanish, German, and French. Chamber parameters are easily controlled by the touch of a finger.
The NU-5841 In-VitroCell utilizes the Vaisala single beam, dual wave infrared (IR) sensor which has a less than 2% failure rate, maintaining accurate CO2 gas levels in the growth chamber. The wavelengths used are absorbed by only CO2 making the measurement insensitive to other components such as water vapor.
A large seven cubic foot (200 Liter) interior chamber is surrounded by heating elements on all six sides of the chamber encased by high density R5 insulation to produce a smaller incubator footprint. Dual temperature sensor probes maintain precise temperature uniformity while an individual door heater minimizes condensation build up on the inner glass door. The inner chamber is constructed of 16 gauge, type 304L, polished stainless steel using crevice-free construction, which provides an easily cleanable inert surface eliminating the chance of biological growth. The NU-5841 has RH and Zirconia Ceramic O2 Control offering two heated sterilization cycles that can be selected to eradicate contaminating agents at 95°C humidified decontamination or 145°C dry sterilization.
In-VitroCell’s Closed Loop HEPA Filtration system offers ISO Class 5 Conditions similar to a cleanroom. The chamber is maintained at positive pressure to prevent contaminated room air from entering the chamber. The chamber air is continuously HEPA filtered and sampled to maintain a clean and uniform chamber lowering airflow to a single air change every 20 minutes to minimize cell desiccation. The NuAire In-VitroCell ES CO2 Incubator provides constant contamination control (C3) against potential contaminates that may disrupt your research.
As an optional feature, customers may add CuVerro® Antimicrobial Copper Surfaces to the incubator growth chamber and/or shelving to kill bacteria* and minimize potential incubator contamination. CuVerro® is laboratory tested and EPA registered. CuVerro® Antimicrobial Copper Surfaces kill more than 99.9% of bacteria* within 2 hours, and continues to kill 99% of bacteria* even after repeated contamination, when cleaned regularly.
* Laboratory testing shows that, when cleaned regularly, CuVerro® antimicrobial copper surfaces kill greater than 99.9% of the following bacteria within 2 hours of exposure: MRSA, Staphylococcus aureus, Enterobacter aerogenes, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, and E. coli O157:H7. CuVerro® antimicrobial copper surfaces are a supplement to and not a substitute for standard infection control practices and have been shown to reduce microbial contamination, but do not necessarily prevent cross contamination; users must continue to follow all current infection control practices, including those practices related to cleaning and disinfection of environmental surfaces. EPA Reg No 85353-5, EPA Est No 088257-MN-001. CuVerro is a registered trademark of GBC Metals, LLC and is used with permission (NA-0005-1208).
Application notes and news
Join the Global SelectScience Community Today! It’s FREE!
Helping you make informed decisions about the latest lab products and technologies:
- Be the first to learn about new technologies
- 10,000+ trusted product reviews from your peers
- Compare 500,000 products and manufacturers
- Get exclusive buying tips from experts
- Find solutions fast: 10,000+ Application Notes, Webinars and Videos
Connect with 250,000 scientists... All in one place!