A platform for chemistries requiring elevated pressure, controlled temperature, and high-shear mixing.
The HPR/HOSS is a platform that supports four high pressure reactor assemblies (HPRs) on a Heated Orbital Shaking System (HOSS). Each HPR is a clamshell format designed to clamp around an array of individual glass vessels. The HPR/HOSS is capable of running up to 384 isolated reactions can be conducted in parallel.
When combined with a properly formatted Symyx Core Module and appropriate suite of analytical equipment, this system enables a scientist to perform very broad, thorough exploration of a set of chemistries in a consistent fashion far more rapidly than can be done conventionally.
Prepare: Modularized for flexibility in experimentation
- Variety of reactor formats. Different HPR array inserts or different reactor volumes and array sizes. Each HPR can accommodate an array ranging of 96– 1mL vials up to 6– 20ml vials.
- Flexibility in preparation. Prepare reactants either robotically or manually. Run either pre-pressurized reactors or run dynamically connected to gas source.
Process: Complete automation for faster time to result
- Operation in isolated environment. Common gas feed is provided to the reactors. Proprietary check-valve design minimizes back diffusion of volatile components.
- Individual Experiment Control. Reaction parameters such as pressure, temperature, agitation speed, and reaction time are all controlled through the automation
- Software monitoring. Log files and time series traces of the temperature profiles for each run are saved to the database.
Analyze: Multi-dimensional experimentation for better data correlation
- Enables rapid storage of application data. When combined with a Core Module and appropriate analytical devices, enables the ability to run reactions and query data by compound name, structure, reaction conditions and conversion.
- Storage of data on an applications database allows for sharing of experiments across internal and external labs.