Gentronix has launched a new, accurate and fast in vitro mammalian cell genotoxicity assay - GreenScreen HC.
The TK6 host cells are p53 competent and familiar to most genetic toxicology laboratories. A patented GFP reporter system exploits the proper regulation of the GADD45a gene. The assay delivers both high specificity and high sensitivity and detects all common mechanistic classes of genotoxin. The 96-well microplate format takes about 20 minutes to prepare and delivers results after a 48 hour incubation. A single microplate is sufficient for the simultaneous testing of 4 compounds over 9 serial dilutions. The protocol is also readily automated using standard laboratory liquid-handling equipment.
GADD45a mediates the adaptive response to genotoxic stress. The patented GFP fluorescence reporter includes complex regulatory elements. The assay gives positive results for direct acting agents, as well as aneugens, and topoisomerase and polymerase inhibitors. Importantly the assay gives correct negative results for non-carcinogens, including many which give misleading positive results in other in vitro tests.
The Assay Protocol
Nine, 2-fold dilutions of each compound together with positive controls are set out in the microplate and growing cells are added to each well. After incubation and measurement in a microplate reader, simple software gives automated decisions and a clear graphical output.
A unique combination of both high-specificity and high-sensitivity genotoxicity assessment in a human cell line has been demonstrated. See:
High-specificity and high-sensitivity genotoxicity assessment in a human cell line: Validation of the GreenScreen HC GADD45a-GFP genotoxicity assay. Hastwell P.W. et al (2006) Mutation Research 607: 160-175.
Application notes and news
- Early detection of Genotoxicity: Integrated Services from Gentronix
- Genotoxicity Assessment Using a New, High Specificity and High Sensitivity Human Cell Assay
- Gentronix launches Bluescreen HC and Expands Services with Comet Assay Testing
- Gentronix Signs Three Year Agreement with GlaxoSmithKline for GreenScreen HC and BlueScreen HC Genotoxicity...
- Gentronix Agrees Genotoxicity Safety Screening Agreement with GSK for GreenScreen HC
- Gentronix presents accurate, high-throughput, genotoxicity liability screening to reduce late-stage attriti...
- Gentronix Goes East
- Gentronix Collaborates with Abcellute to Improve Genotoxicity Screening
- Gentronix Launches New Genotoxic Metabolite Detection Assay
- BioReliance Launches Next-Generation Genotoxicity Screening Service
- Gentronix has launched a human cell-based genotoxicity screening test, called GreenScreen HC, which gives m...
Why make an enquiry with SelectScience?
- EASY It’s quick and simple to do
- FAST Your enquiry will be delivered straight to the manufacturer
- FREE You’re under no obligation
- SECURE We only pass your details on to trusted suppliers at your request
- SAVE TIME Submit your details once and make multiple enquiries