GravityPLUS™ 3D Culture and Assay Platform
The industry-leading solution for reliable, scaffold-free 3D cell-based assays
Scaffold-free re-aggregation of single cells into functional 3D microtissues has been a tricky task in the past. With the introduction of the GravityPLUS™ platform in 2009, InSphero made reliable, automation-compatible and affordable 3D cell culture in hanging drops a reality. Since its introduction, the GravityPLUS™ platform has proven its ease of use and versatility 1000s of times in laboratories ranging from academic research to high-throughput screening.
The patented GravityPLUS™ plate makes hanging-drop cell culture easy. Simply load up to 50 μL cell suspension from the top with any liquid handling device – from a manual pipette to a 96-tip robot. Within 2-4 days, a single microtissue forms in each drop. For long-term culture or differentiation, you can even remove up to 70% of the medium and replace it through the top port.
A reliable 3D cell-based assay starts with precise control over the microtissue size. InSphero's products are the only on the market featuring our patent-pending SureDrop™ microtechnology, which allows for precise dispensing into and aspirating from hanging drops. As the drop volume corresponds to the seeding cell number, microtissues produced in GravityPLUS™ plates display outstandingly low diameter variations down to 5% and less.
GravityPLUS™ 3D Culture and Assay Platform Features:
- Proven reliability and ease of use with many liquid-handling systems
- SureDrop™ technology assures precise microtissue size – always!
- Includes the GravityTRAP™ plate for long-term culture, assays and imaging
- Scaffold-free 3D cell culture of any cell type, including primary and stem cells, cell lines and genetically modified cells
- Compound testing and de-risking
- Cell-biology studies and tissue engineering
- Stem-cell differentiation
- High-content analysis and microscopy
- Migration from scaffold-based processes to scaffold-free production for scale-up