GravityPLUS™ 3D Culture and Assay Platform
The industry-leading solution for reliable, scaffold-free 3D cell-based assays. The InSphero GravityPLUS™ platform makes reliable, automation-compatible and affordable scaffold-free 3D cell culture in hanging drops a reality. Since its introduction in 2009, the GravityPLUS™ platform has proven its ease of use and versatility 1000s of times in laboratories ranging from academic research to hig...read more
2 scientists have reviewed this product
See all reviews
Member since 2014
Research Scientist / Senior / PI
Read more »
"The InSphero platform is in my view the best on the market for 3D cell culture for its ease and comfort of use and its reliability. It consists of a hanging drop plate and of an assay plate for the analyses: both with a unique design that makes them suitable for broad range of applications and nevertheless irreplaceable by other 3D systems. I have been using this product for my research in the field of immunology, exploring several readouts like immunohistochemistry, analyses of supernatant, live cell imaging and flow cytometry. The hanging drop plate allows for a soft transfer of the microtissues, without disruption, while the assay plate allows a complete removal of medium, without aspirating the microtissues, and for easy harvesting and imaging, while culturing the microtissues in small volumes, for optimal concentration of analytes in the supernatant. The value for money is absolutely first-rate and the after sale services are excellent. I would highly recommend this product."
See all reviews
Member since 2014
Academia / University
Helmholtz Zentrum München
Read more »
"If you want to change from standard 2D culture analysis to 3D system I strongly recommend GravityPLUS platform. 3D-microtissue analysis and usage with standard cell culture protocols is very convenient and gives opportunity for long term analysis of 3D cultures following treatment, which is not always easy with standard 2D monolayer cultures."
The industry-leading solution for reliable, scaffold-free 3D cell-based assays.
The InSphero GravityPLUS™ platform makes reliable, automation-compatible and affordable scaffold-free 3D cell culture in hanging drops a reality. Since its introduction in 2009, the GravityPLUS™ platform has proven its ease of use and versatility 1000s of times in laboratories ranging from academic research to high-throughput screening.
The patented GravityPLUS™ plate makes hanging-drop cell culture easy. Simply load up to 50 μL cell suspension from the top with any liquid handling device – from a manual pipette to a 96-tip robot. Within 2-4 days, a single microtissue forms in each drop. For long-term culture or differentiation, you can even remove up to 70% of the medium and replace it through the top port. A reliable 3D cell-based assay starts with precise control over the microtissue size. InSphero's products are the only on the market featuring our patent-pending SureDrop™ microtechnology, which allows for precise dispensing into and aspirating from hanging drops. As the drop volume corresponds to the seeding cell number, microtissues produced in GravityPLUS™ plates display outstandingly low diameter variations down to 5% and less. GravityPLUS™ 3D Culture and Assay Platform.
- Proven reliability and ease of use with many liquid-handling systems
- SureDrop™ technology assures precise microtissue size – always!
- Includes the GravityTRAP™ plate for long-term culture, assays and imaging
- Scaffold-free 3D cell culture of any cell type, including primary and stem cells, cell lines and genetically modified cells
- Compound testing and de-risking
- Cell-biology studies and tissue engineering
- Stem-cell differentiation
- High-content analysis and microscopy
- Migration from scaffold-based processes to scaffold-free production for scale-up
Application notes and news
- Rapid Production and Size Assessment of Embryoid Bodies (EB)
- Cytotoxicity Studies on 3D Primary Liver Microtissues
- Luminescent Cell Health Assays for Tumor Spheroid Evaluation
- Fluorescence-Based Drug Sensitivity Testing Using 3D Tumor Microtissues and the Infinite® M200 PRO Monochro...
- GravityPlus™ and GravityTRAP™ – A Perfect Match: An Integrated Platform Solution for Microtissue Culture an...
- Accelerating 3D Microtissue Production: Fast and efficient 3D microtissue production with the Viaflo 96 cha...
- EU Project The Body-on-a-Chip
- InSphero Launches 3D InSight™ Pancreatic Microislets for Diabetes and Toxicity Research
- InSphero Publishes 3D Tumor-Stroma Model for Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer
- InSphero Granted Hanging Drop Patents in China and Japan
- InSphero Announces Collaboration with NIH National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences (NCATS)
- JBS Publication Demonstrates Utility of InSphero 3D Co-culture Microtissues as Phenotypic RNAi Screening To...