Ideal for measured transfer when aliquoting by drop size or total volume is important. The Medi-Pastette has an extended tip to fit blood bag tubing, whilst the Mini-Pastette is ideal for slide tests and microvolume work.
Designed to replace glass Pasteur pipettes, Pastettes are unbreakable, don’t require a separate bulb and, as they are manufactured from soft plastic, can be recycled. A key property is that they will not pierce the skin – a major worry in the modern laboratory.
Manufactured from virgin lowdensity polyethylene (LDPE), they provide a precise, non-toxic and inert method for transfer, delivery and storage of samples or reagents.
This defines the maximum liquid volume that may be transferred. However, Pastette is just as effective when less than the maximum bulb draw is used.
Manufacturing precision produces a bulb with a uniform thickness. This means that the bulb is strong enough to draw up and hold your sample securely, whilst being soft and even enough to allow sensitive dispensing of single drops of liquid as small as 18µl.
All Pastettes are accurate to ±10% of the stated specifications including drop volume, allowing quantitation without the use of an expensive pipetting device.
An important dimension, it allows Pastette to match your exact requirements. From the shortest (36mm) to the longest (300mm), they all retain the features you would expect from a Pastette.
The design of the tip is of paramount importance as it decides not only the drop volume, but also the procedures for which Pastette may be used. This is why Pastette provides a number of tip styles to cater for a wide variety of applications.
- All Pastettes are traceable to the exact mould and date of manufacture – your absolute assurance of quality.
- Sturdy packaging – keeps Pastettes in perfect condition during transport and storage until required for use.
- Sterile Pastettes are Gamma-irradiated – certified, lot traceable and heatsealed in polyethylene in 10s, 20s or individually wrapped.
Application notes and news
Why make an enquiry with SelectScience?
- EASY It’s quick and simple to do
- FAST Your enquiry will be delivered straight to the manufacturer
- FREE You’re under no obligation
- SECURE We only pass your details on to trusted suppliers at your request
- SAVE TIME Submit your details once and make multiple enquiries