Genova Plus and Genova Nano Single Beam UV/visible Spectrophotometers
The Genova series spectrophotometers are single beam UV/visible spectrophotometers which enable the measurement of DNA concentrations and purity ratios using the wavelengths recorded at 260nm and 280nm or 260nm and 230nm.
The purity scan gives a clear, graphic display of DNA purity. This allows any shifted or distorted peaks due to interfering molecules to be identified. These spectrophotometers also contains five pre-programmed protein concentration determination methods including Bradford, Lowry, Biuret, Bicinchonininc acid (BCA) and Direct UV techniques.
In all cases the standard procedures may be modified by the user or run as programmed. To measure sample volumes as low as 0.5µl the Genova Nano micro-volume spectrophotometer is available. This spectrophotometer enables the sample to pipetted directly onto the read head, removing the need for cuvettes. Both spectrophotometers are covered by a three-year warranty including the press to read xenon lamp.
- Micro-volume, life science and standard spectrophotometer in 1
- Ideal for DNA, RNA and Protein measurements
- Only 0.5µl sample volume required
- Purity scan over entire wavelength range, 198 to 1000nm
- Detects DNA concentrations as low as 2ng/µl
- Easy and quick to clean
- Results are reproducible, accurate and easily obtained
- Method and result saving to USB memory stick
- 3 year warranty including Xenon lamp
- Testing purity of samples prior to cloning, PCR, sequencing and proteomics
- Monitoring cell growth at 600nm
- DNA/RNA purity
- Protein concentration