Genome Sequencer FLX System
The Roche Genome Sequencer FLX System, powered by 454 Sequencing, enables ground-breaking discoveries in de novo sequencing, resequencing of whole genomes and target DNA regions, metagenomics, and RNA analysis. Featuring a unique combination of long reads, exceptional accuracy, and ultra-high throughput, the Genome Sequencer FLX System delivers the most comprehensive result at a low total cost, gi...read more
2 scientists have reviewed this product
See all reviews
Member since 2011
Read more »
"I found it hard to get this machine fully working. There were problems with the chemistry and problems with after sales assistance."
The Roche Genome Sequencer FLX System, powered by 454 Sequencing, enables ground-breaking discoveries in de novo sequencing, resequencing of whole genomes and target DNA regions, metagenomics, and RNA analysis. Featuring a unique combination of long reads, exceptional accuracy, and ultra-high throughput, the Genome Sequencer FLX System delivers the most comprehensive result at a low total cost, giving it the best overall value of any next-generation sequencing platform.
• Obtain more comprehensive data.
Generate more than 1,000,000 individual reads with improved Q20 read length of 400 bases per 10-hour instrument run.
• Expand your project capabilities.
Harness the power of DNA sequencing for your complete genome project with one versatile system. Combine long single reads and Long-Tag Paired end reads to completely assemble genomes-often within a single run.
• Reduce your cost per result.
Ultra-high throughput delivers the data you need at an affordable price while longer reads reduce over-sampling requirements, keeping data requirements manageable. Benefit from flexible sample-loading options that support various throughput and experimental design needs, enabling efficient use of reagents and consumables.
• Increase your productivity.
Streamline library preparation of genomics samples and eliminate the laborious tasks of cloning and colony picking - genomic libraries are constructed in hours in a single tube.
• Drive results, not the accumulation of data files.
Perform data analysis without the need for enterprise scale IT solutions with the included easy-to-use software tools - GS De Novo Assembler, GS Reference Mapper, and GS Amplicon Variant Analyzer. Straightforward interpretation of data means faster discovery of biologically meaningful results.
Application notes and news
- Roche Applied Science Announces Winners of 454 Life Sciences’ 10GB Grant Program
- 454 Sequencing Boosts Genomics Research in Spain: Genome Sequencer FLX System Installed at Univer...
- Roche NimbleGen’s Revolutionary Sequence Capture Technology Now Available for Use in Research Lab...
- 454 Sequencing System Opens New Avenue in Prostate Cancer Research
- 454 Sequencing System used to determine the complete Neanderthal mitochondrial genome, establishi...
- AGOWA genomics adds the Roche Genome Sequencer FLX system to its sequencing portfolio
- Roche and Oxford University: Cooperation to Evaluate 454 Sequencing and NimbleGen High-Density Ar...
- Genome Sequencer FLX System plus NimbleGen Sequence Capture Arrays Help Unravel the Cryptic Genet...
- One Run - Done: 454 Sequencing Quickly Reveals Detailed Insights Into the Physiology of Coryne...
- 454 Sequencing for the Characterization of the Protective Intestinal Flora
- Researchers Use 454 Sequencing to Publish the Complete Genome of an Individual Human, Achieving a...
- Top European Service Provider GATC Biotech Ramps Up Its Fleet of Next-Gen Sequencers with Second ...
- MWG Biotech Purchases Second Genome Sequencer FLX System to Expand Capacities in Line with Growin...