Fully automated in situ hybridization (ISH) - With the introduction of the innovative GenePaint technology, the investigation of gene function on a genome-wide scale is much easier.
The GenePaint system automates efficiently and in a tightly temperature-controlled manner all steps required for performing ISH on cells or tissues on microscope slide formats. This includes fixing, staining, washing and hybridization procedures. With GenePaint, Tecan's expertise in automation and liquid handling has been combined with a new revolutionary flow-through technology.
Tecan GenePaint Features:
- Eliminates 80% of the manual steps of conventional ISH
- Extends walk-away time through unattended hybridization protocols
- Allows the use of any commercial set of reagents for hybridization studies
- Assures consistent and reproducible results of excellent quality
- Saves on the amounts of reagents used
- Also applicable to immunohistochemistry (IHC) applications.
Examples of gene expression patterns of mouse tissues processed by GenePaint are listed on www.genepaint.org