- Ease of use
- After sales service
- Value for money
The Gel Doc EZ is a compact and automated imaging system for obtaining publication-quality images and analyzed results with just the push of a button.
The Bio-Rad Gel Doc EZ system provides unparalleled flexibility with the use of four application-specific trays, which include a UV tray (for ethidium bromide staining of DNA gels and fluorescence imaging), a White tray (for Coomassie, copper, silver, and zinc stains), a Blue tray (for nucleic acid applications that use SYBR stains), and a Stain-Free tray for stain-free imaging.
The intuitive Image Lab™ software has capabilities such as auto image capture, auto analysis, user preferences, and myriad other features, making imaging and analysis incredibly easy.
Features of the Gel Doc EZ system include:
• Easy to use — there is no need for manual control of filters, lens, or lights. Create a default protocol once, then use the green button on the front of the instrument to reproducibly use these settings time and again
• Publication-quality images and completely analyzed results — decreased pixelation when images are cropped or zoomed. Get relative molecular weights, quantitation of bands, Excel reports, PDFs, and more
• Time and space saving— faster results without time-consuming steps in image acquisition and save benchspace using this compact system
• Modular design and flexible options — Use specific clearly defined and color-coded trays for specific applications. Purchase only what you want and upgrade when your needs change
• Stain-free technology — Condense a 2 hr Coomassie protocol into a 5 min stain-and-image step. Stain-free gels are western blot compatible, allowing you to check electrophoresis results and quality prior to western blotting. These “green” gels provide equal or better sensitivity compared to Coomassie staining and eliminate organic waste disposal concerns
See all reviews
Member since 2010
Read more »
"The multifunctional aspect of this machine is amazing. It's able to image standard ethidium bromide gels, as well as chemiluminescent and luminescent protein gels and membranes. We've also found it can do luminescence straight from cells. Technical assistance and sales staff are terrific."