Whatman BugStopper capmats provide a simple and reliable method for venting cultures being grown in a 24 well growth plate. This reusable sterile closure, which is produced using chemically resistant biosafe silicone rubber, incorporates hydrophobic microfilters which provide an excellent vent for each well.
BugStopper capmats improve cell growth and significantly reduce evaporation, making them more efficient and safer than plastic lids. The silicone portion of the capmat reseals after puncture, thus keeping cell cultures sterile during inoculation or aspiration.
• Rated 99.9% efficient for bacteria and viruses
• Restricts microorganisms while allowing O2 and CO2
to pass through the membrane
• Autoclavable and reusable, therefore being cost-effective
• Prevents aerosol formation
Sterile venting closures for microplate cultures:
• More efficient than plastic lids. Perfect for extended growth of slow growing bacteria and fungi.
• Positive seal for every well. Significantly reduces evaporation rate and eliminates well-to-well cross contamination.
• Autoclave and reuse. Cost-effective; repeated autoclave cycles do not affect gas exchange or retention capabilities.
• Rated 99.9% efficient for bacteria and viruses. Restricts microorganisms while allowing O2 and CO2 to pass through the membrane.
• Prevents aerosol formation. Suitable for growth of infectious microorganisms.