GE Healthcare's Ficoll-Paque PLUS and Ficoll-Paque PREMIUM
GE Healthcare's Ficoll-Paque PLUS
Ficoll-Paque PLUS is a sterile, ready-to-use aqueous medium for density gradient centrifugation. The medium consists of a mixture of Ficoll™ PM400 and sodium diatrizoate at a density of 1.077 g/ml. The medium was developed for large- or small-scale purification of mononuclear cells from human peripheral blood, using a simple and rapid centrifugation technique developed by Boyum
Protocols for purifying mononuclear cells from sources other than human peripheral blood have also
GE Healthcare's Ficoll-Paque PLUS offers:
• Low levels of endotoxin
• Complete QC package to assure reliability
• Reliable isolation of lymphocytes with representative proportions of T and B cells
• Greater than 90% lymphocyte viability
• Rapid isolation with a recovery of 60 ± 20% of the lymphocytes present in the original blood sample
• Guaranteed sterility
• Stable for at least 3 years under recommended storage conditions
Ficoll-Paque PLUS is a recognized standard in laboratories worldwide for the isolation of mononuclear cells for in vitro studies.
GE Healthcare's Ficoll-Paque PREMIUM
Classical Ficoll-Paque PREMIUM with a density of 1.077 g/ml was developed from Ficoll-Paque PLUS, which is based on Ficoll PM400 (polysucrose) and sodium diatrizoate and has a more than 30 year track record for large- or small-scale purification of mononuclear cells from human peripheral blood. All Ficoll-Paque PREMIUM products differ from Ficoll-Paque PLUS in that they are manufactured according to ISO 13485:2003 and GMP, and recommendations of the United States Pharmacopeia for the manufacture of cell therapy products. ISO 13485:2003 and GMP compliance requires stringency in validation and documentation of manufacturing procedures.
Features of GE Healthcare's Ficoll-Paque PREMIUM:
• Manufactured according to GMP and ISO standard
• Manufactured in accordance with USP recommendations for ancillary materials
• Sterile, ready-to-use reagent
• Low levels of endotoxin (< 0.12 EU/ml) secured and tested
Ficoll-Paque PREMIUM 1.084
Ficoll-Paque PREMIUM 1.084 can be used for isolating higher-density human mononuclear cells, and for separating blood cells from mice or rats.
Ficoll-Paque PREMIUM 1.073
Ficoll-Paque PREMIUM 1.073 can be used when isolating lower-density human mononuclear cells, for example mesenchymal stromal cells or monocytes.