GE Healthcare's GD/X™ Syringe Filters range
The GD/X™ range is specifically designed for high particulate loaded samples. Constructed of a pigment-free polypropylene housing with a prefiltration stack of Whatman GMF 150 (graded density) and GF/F glass microfiber media, these filters eliminate sample contamination and allow you to filter even the most difficult samples with less hand pressure. GD/X syringe filters can process three to seven times more sample volume than standard syringe filters.
GMF 150 and GF/F are produced from 100% borosilicate glass microfiber. The innovative, graded density GMF 150 medium has a coarse top layer meshed with a fine bottom layer that retains particles to 1.0 µm. A GF/F filter then retains particles down to 0.7 µm. The prefilter stack ends with a final membrane.
GD/X filter construction facilitates exceptional loading capacity with fast flow rates. This prevents the build up of back pressure typically caused by the blocking of an unprotected membrane.
The Whatman GD/X™ range features:
• 13 and 25 mm diameter syringe filters
• 13 mm devices for samples up to 10 ml and 25 mm devices for samples greater than 10 ml (however, the volume of sample that can be filtered through each filter depends on the characteristics of the sample)
• Sterile options
• Pigment-free polypropylene housing
• Unique prefiltration stack of Whatman GMF 150 (graded density) and GF/F glass microfiber media
Benefits of the Whatman GD/X™ range: • Eliminates sample contamination
• Requires less hand pressure, even with the most difficult samples
• Processes three to seven times more sample volume
Applications of the Whatman GD/X™ range:
GD/X syringe filters are ideal for heavily particulate-laden samples found in:
• Dissolution testing
• Content uniformity
• Concentration analysis
• Routine sample preparation
• Food analysis
• Environmental samples
• Composite assay