GD-4534 and GD-5040 Gel Dryers
The GD-4534 and GD-5040 vacuum gel dryers are ideal for drying sequencing gels or multiple small format gels.
A cast-aluminium base, overlaid with a porous stainless steel sheet, evenly distributes the heat generated by an 800-Watt heating element, which is set in increments of +/-2°C to a maximum temperature of 90°C.
Both the heating element and vacuum pump are timer-controlled so that the drying time and vacuum pump can be set in 1-minute increments to a maximum of 5 hours, while each unit is lightweight, despite its robust construction, for easy transportation around the laboratory.
Each gel dryer can be either purchased individually or as part of a complete system with the Vacuubrand® MZ 2C + 2 AK gel pump.
GD-4534 and GD-5040 Gel Dryers Features:
- GD-4534 - 45 x 34cm (W x L) format - accommodates one TVS1400 gel or up to fifteen 10 x 10cm mini-gels.
- GD-5040 - 50 x 40cm (W x L) format - accommodates up to twenty 10 x
- Drying assured within 1 hour – for sequencing gels of dimensions up to 50 x 40cm.
- Accurate temperature control - in +/- 2°C increments to a maximum of 90°C.
- Accurate timer control - of the heating element and vacuum pump - in +/-1 minute increments to a maximum of 5 hours.
- Detachable mylar sheet and porous polyethylene sheet - allow the gel dryer to be adapted for thin polyacrylamide gels and thicker agarose gels.
- Stainless steel screen - acts in conjunction with a cast-aluminium base to serve as a porous gel support, uniformly distributing the heat and vacuum to prevent gel cracking during drying.
- Translucent silicone rubber overlay - allows the gels to be visualised during the drying process.
- Vacuubrand® MZ 2C + 2AK pump available.
Why make an enquiry with SelectScience?
- EASY It’s quick and simple to do
- FAST Your enquiry will be delivered straight to the manufacturer
- FREE You’re under no obligation
- SECURE We only pass your details on to trusted suppliers at your request
- SAVE TIME Submit your details once and make multiple enquiries