Freedom EVO® with Dual Liquid Handling Arms
Tecan’s Freedom EVO series of automated workstations offer unrivalled processing speed and flexibility thanks to a unique feature that allows two liquid handling (LiHa) arms to act completely independently. Each arm of eight variable-spacing pipetting tips can be adapted to handle high volumes, for example of cell culture media, as well as low volumes of precious reagents or samples.
The dual LiHa arms can run in parallel with the robotic manipulator (RoMa) arm which moves labware around the worktable, and are fully compatible with Tecan’s extensive range of application options, including storage elements, stirrers and incubation, separation or reading devices. This capability is a great asset for a variety of applications, including hit picking, serial dilutions, consecutive sample transfer and other aspects of assay preparation, and can greatly enhance the liquid handling power of any laboratory.
Application notes and news
- Automating ELISAs on Tecan’s Freedom EVO® Using Optimiser™ Technology from Siloam Biosciences
- Mimicking Real Tissue Using 3D Cell Cultures Allows Cells to Grow and Propagate Better
- Tecan and TAP Biosystems to Automate RAFT 3D Cell Culturing on the Freedom EVO
- Automation Aids Nationwide Surveillance System for Virus Outbreaks
- Accuracy to the nth Degree with Tecan’s Freedom EVO® Platform