The FLS920-tm is a modular, computer controlled L-geometry spectrometer for measuring time resolved fluorescence and phosphorescence spectra together with the corresponding fluorescence and phosphorescence decays spanning the range from 100picoseconds to 10 seconds.
Fluorescence lifetimes from 100picoseconds to 10seconds
High dynamic range and temporal resolution
Time Correlated Single Photon Counting and Multi-Channel Scaling operation
PC plug-in card for TCSPC, PC plug-in card for MCS
Fully computer controlled through Windows (windows XP & vista 32 bit) software
Full data reconvolution using a non-linear least square fitting routine
The FLS920-tm employs the measurement principle of Time Correlated Single Photon Counting (TCSPC) for fluorescence measurements from 100picoseconds to 10microseconds and then employs the principle of Multi-Channel scaling (MCS) for measurements from 1microsecond to 10seconds. The system comes complete with our F900 software for comprehensive spectrometer control, data acquisition and decay curve analysis for up to four independent lifetimes.
The modular construction of the spectrometer allows easy upgrade routes and customised configurations to suit specific measurement requirements.
The basic configuration of the FLS920-tm consists of the following hardware :
- Pulsed Xenon flash lamp under computer control to measure phosphorescence decays. Pulses 2 to 7 µs with an average power >60 W up to 100 Hz.
- Nanosecond pulsed flash lamp, 1ns FWHM pulse duration. Supplied with driver and start synchronisation photomultiplier, gas filling and vacuum pumping station
- Excitation monochromator: 300mm focal length, Czerny-Turner design triple grating turret facility with computer controlled wavelength selection and computer controlled continuously adjustable slits. Stray light rejection 1:105 , resolution down to 0.05nm
- Versatile sample chamber with integral controller, safety shutters, signal attenuator and filter holders
- Emission monochromator: 300mm focal length, Czerny-Turner design triple grating turret facility with computer controlled wavelength selection and computer controlled continuously adjustable slits. Stray light rejection 1:105, resolution down to 0.05nm
- single photon counting stop photomultiplier
- TCC900 card for TCSPC data acquisition
- PCS900 card for MCS data acquisition
- Dedicated PC running F900 software for comprehensive spectrometer control, performance monitoring, fluorescence lifetime data acquisition and analysis library
In keeping with the modularity of the FLS920-tm spectrometer, the F900 advanced software is a user friendly package. Irrespective of the system configuration and accessories, the F900 software provides the user with complete control. Measurement set-up and data acquisition is made through a transparent menu system and the measurement modes within the software reflect the system configuration by means of a simple operating environment. Control of the hardware settings on the TCC900 and PCS900 data acquisition cards are easily accessed through the F900 software.
The modular design of every spectrometer provides maximum flexibility to meet the requirements for a wide range of applications. We can offer a range of accessories for use with the instrument but we also have off the shelf up-grade routes that are quick and easy to implement.
The FLS920-tm utilises both Time Correlated Single Photon Counting together (TCSPC) with Multi-Channel Scaling (MCS) for data acquisition.