| Katy Cogger|
See all reviews
Member since 2012
QUEEN MARY UNIVERSITY OF LONDON
Read more »
"This product is aimed at users who wish to check if their fluorescent experiment has worked, prior to spending time/money on using a fluorescent or confocal microscope. As a light microscopy technician, with easy access to multiple microscopes, I was initially sceptical as to the place in the market for this product. However, I can now see that if you do not have easy access to a fluorescent microscope, and may have to travel to a different building to use an imaging facility, this microscope is excellent for checking if your experiment has worked, prior to booking time on a fluorescent or confocal microscope. This system is not trying to replace other imaging systems, and while you can save and print your images, it is more for quick imaging/making a note of your experiemental output, and I would advise using a different system for producing publication quality images. Overall this system is very easy to use, and great for labs without easy access to a fluorescent microscope."
Designed in collaboration with fluorescence microscopy users, the FLoid™ Cell Imaging Station captures high-quality, three-color fluorescent cell images right at your benchtop, with an interface that is so simple even novice users can collect data in just a few clicks of the mouse.
- Anyone Can Image: FLoid's intuitive user interface allows novices and experts to generate fluorescence cell images in a snap.
- Self-Contained Instrument: No moving parts provides an insurance policy for your expensive confocal scopes allowing day to day use.
- Protocols and Reagent Info Preloaded: The integrated Molecular Probes® reagent selection guide with protocols helps you design and execute your cell imaging experiments.
- Print Image Stickers Directly From FLoid: Print and stick captured images right in your notebook with the associated printer.
- Image at Your Bench: The instrument design blocks ambient light taking fluorescent cell imaging out of the darkroom and on your bench.
Application notes and news
Join the Global SelectScience Community Today! It’s FREE!
Helping you make informed decisions about the latest lab products and technologies:
- Be the first to learn about new technologies
- 10,000+ trusted product reviews from your peers
- Compare 500,000 products and manufacturers
- Get exclusive buying tips from experts
- Find solutions fast: 10,000+ Application Notes, Webinars and Videos
Connect with 250,000 scientists... All in one place!