The Finnigan vMALDI Ion Source system provides fast, automated MS and Data Dependent MS/MS analysis of digested protein mixtures in a single, rapid experiment. While LC/MS analysis times are typically 30 to 60 minutes, using the Finnigan LTQ with the vMALDI ion source generally requires less than a minute per sample enabling high throughput protein identification.
The Finnigan vMALDI Ion Source
Thermo's new Finnigan vMALDI ion source option for the Finnigan LTQ mass spectrometer creates a revolutionary new option for high throughput protein identification. This integrated system combines the speed of MALDI with the sensitivity of the Finnigan LTQ to create SEQUEST-searchable MS/MS spectra for confident protein assignments.
Finnigan vMALDI Features
The Finnigan vMALDI features the following components:
- 96- and 384-position sample plates for sample analysis productivity and flexibility
- Full integration with the powerful, intuitive Xcalibur data system for seamless operation
- Automated targeting using the Crystal Positioning System (CPS) for ease-of-use
- Automatic Spectral Filtering (ASF) permits assessment of real-time data quality
- Automatic Gain Control (AGC) laser operation maximizes creation of protein information