FastStart Universal SYBR Green Master (Rox)
Roche Applied Science - a member of the Roche Group
FastStart Universal SYBR Green Master (Rox) includes a novel reference dye, which enables its use without modifications or adjustments to the specific instrument or protocol on all real-time PCR inst...read more
FastStart Universal SYBR Green Master (Rox) includes a novel reference dye, which enables its use without modifications or adjustments to the specific instrument or protocol on all real-time PCR instruments requiring normalization with ROX. This ready-to-use, 2x-concentrated master mix contains all reagents (except primers and template) needed for running quantitative, real-time DNA detection assays, including qPCR and two-step qRT-PCR, in the SYBR Green I detection format. FastStart Universal SYBR Green Master (Rox) generates excellent results on instruments such as the Applied Biosystems 7900 HT Fast Real-Time PCR System or the Applied Biosystems 7500 Real-Time PCR System.
- Use this master mix on all real-time instruments that require normalization: Benefit from the new, specially developed universal reference dye included in the master mix for robust performance with a variety of instrument platforms.
- Improve PCR sensitivity and specificity: Rely on this mix’s FastStart Taq DNA Polymerase to minimize the formation of nonspecific amplification products through hot start PCR.
- Avoid over-estimation of qPCR results: Eliminate nonspecific amplification products and primer-dimers that would increase the amount of bound quantified SYBR Green I.
- Amplify and detect a broad range of DNA or cDNA targets: Amplify fragments up to 500 bp long, including those that are GC- or AT-rich.
- Save time and effort in qPCR preparation: Rely on this easy-to use, 2x master mix to eliminate the need to mix components, titrate MgCl2, or perform other time-consuming optimization steps.
- Prevent false positives resulting from carryover contamination: The mix contains dUTP, so that it may be used with Uracil-DNA Glycosylase to eliminate contaminating DNA carried over from previous PCR reactions.
Application notes and news
Join the Global SelectScience Community Today! It’s FREE!
Helping you make informed decisions about the latest lab products and technologies:
- Be the first to learn about new technologies
- 10,000+ trusted product reviews from your peers
- Compare 500,000 products and manufacturers
- Get exclusive buying tips from experts
- Find solutions fast: 10,000+ Application Notes, Webinars and Videos
Connect with 250,000 scientists... All in one place!