- Ease of use
- After sales service
- Value for money
The FastPrep-24™ from MP Biomedicals is the latest evolution of the famous high-throughput sample preparation system from Bio101® Systems, with more than 6,000 installations worldwide, FastPrep® provides a unique means of homogenizing by which any type of sample, no matter how tough, can be quickly and consistently lysed within 40 seconds.
When compared to traditional homogenization methods such as vortexing, syringe shearing, or grinding with a mortar and pestle, the FastPrep-24 homogenizer will save hours of work and provide higher yields of intact DNA, RNA and proteins.
FastPrep-24 uses a unique, optimized motion to disrupt cells through the multi-directional, simultaneous beating of specialized Lysing Matrix beads on the sample material. FastPrep will homogenize up to 24 samples in 2 mL tubes, or with optional adapters, lyse 48 samples in 2 mL tubes, 24 samples in 4.5 mL tubes, 12 samples in 15 mL tubes or 2 samples in 50 mL tubes, either at ambient temperatures, or cryogenically.
A completely self-contained system, FastPrep-24 eliminates the risk of cross-contamination and time consuming clean-up associated with manual lysis methods. Simply add sample and buffers to the Lysing Matrix tube containing specialized beads specific to your application. Homogenization speed and duration times are digitally controlled for consistent results. Upon setting the speed and time with the touch of the a button, simply select this as a memory setting or push “run”, and in less than a minute your samples are completely lysed! The FastPrepR-24 features up to five memory presets for your most frequently used settings.
The unique, vertical angular motion of FastPrep-24 causes the lysing matrix particles to impact the sample from all directions simultaneously, releasing nucleic acids and proteins into the protective buffer faster than with any other system. After centrifugation, the supernatant is collected for further purification processing.
- Bone, brain, tumors
- Bacteria gram + or –
- Yeast, fungi, spores
- Feces, soil, sediment
- Leaves, roots, seeds
High performance FastPrep Purification Kits, when used in conjunction with the FastPrep-24 Instrument, provide simple, ready-to-use methods for the release and subsequent purification of intact DNA, RNA, and proteins from virtually any source.
Application notes and news
- Fast and Efficient Sample Preparation and Nucleic Acid Isolation from Soil
- Fast Screening of Tobacco Leaves for Recombinant Protein Expression
- Lignocellulose Isolation and Quantum Dots Labeling from Difficult to Lyse Picea Omorika Conifer Plant Branc...
- Virus Titer Determination from Cells and Tissues an Example of Selective Homogenization
- Dual Extraction of RNA and Protein from Skin
- MP Biomedicals to Showcase Extensive Life Science Portfolio at ASCB 2012
- MP Biomedicals to Feature its Life Science Portfolio at the Society for Neuroscience 2012 Annual Meeting
- Extensive Life Science Portfolio Showcased at ASM 2012
- Extensive Oncology Research Portfolio Showcased
See all reviews
Member since 2010
Univ North Carolina-Pembroke
Read more »
"Great to break up yeast cells. Fast, reproducible results."