- Ease of use
- After sales service
- Value for money
Using the most advanced proven technology in evaporation science, the third generation of the EZ-2 Series has been designed specifically for solvent removal in life science research; be that concentration of samples or complete drying.
The innovative design of the EZ-2 Series presents many advantages for working in parallel within synthesis chemistry, analytical sample preparation and for general-purpose solvent removal needs in life science laboratories.
At the heart of the evaporator is a solvent resistant, oil-free vacuum pump, and the high efficiency, defrost-free, SpeedTrap™, which traps all solvents as liquids, even water. Solvents collect in the insulated, plastic coated glass vessel, enabling the user to see the progress of evaporation and determine when the trap should be emptied.
The EZ-2 Elite has a special auto-draining collection vessel fitted to the SpeedTrap, which uses the very powerful Scroll pump. The Elite can therefore evaporate the highest boiling solvents such as DMSO and perform the Genevac LyoSpeed fast lyophilisation method for HPLC fractions.
There is a low-cost option available on the Standard, Plus and Elite that allows the routine use of hydrochloric acid and aggressive solvents. By building key elements in Hastelloy®, glass or PTFE, full protection against acid chlorides is achieved. New to the HCl Resistance option is the ability to evaporate concentrated nitric acid. This option must be specified when ordering, as it cannot be retrofitted. All EZ-2 models are resistant to routine use of high concentrations of TFA as standard.
An additional option is available to allow safe operation for those wishing to use highly explosive solvents, such as pentane or diethyl ether - the inert gas purge system. This system can also be used to preserve oxygen or moisture sensitive samples under an inert gas blanket until the user returns to the evaporator.
The EZ-2 Series can also accommodate a wide selection of sample holders, including round-bottom flasks up to 500ml, tubes up to 160mm long (including Dionex ASE® and Radleys Carousel tubes), custom reaction blocks, and shallow or deep-well microtitre plates.
Application notes and news
- Evaluation of Evaporative Sample Preparation Techniques for Alcohol Markers and Drugs of Abuse in Hair Samp...
- A Comparative Study of Evaporative Sample Preparation Techniques in an Environmental Analysis Laboratory
- Guide to Eliminating Solvent Bumping
- Evaporators Help Test Claims of Functional Foods
- Personal Solvent Evaporator Offers Optimised Stored Methods...
- SampleGenie Improves HPLC Fraction Pooling Workflow
- Safe Removal of Highly Inflammable Solvent Vapours...
- New method concentrates environmental samples without losing volatile analytes
- Versatile evaporator offers low-speed centrifuge function
- Freeze dryers, sample concentrators & evaporators for all budgets and applications...
- Innovative evaporative sample preparation at Pittcon 2008
- Productive and safe removal of solvents...
- Information hub for evaporation, concentration and lyophilisation
- Chemistry meets the SampleGenie
- Compact evaporator delivers top performance & high sample safety
- High performance evaporators for all budgets and applications
- New solutions for productive and sample safe solvent drying
- Genevac issues positive forecast on sample concentration market
- Durable strong acid resistant evaporators
See all reviews
Member since 2011
Read more »
"Good benchtop item for use in a synthesis lab. Good for taking off high boiling solvents e.g. DMF. Also used for HPLC fractions and 96 well plates. A very versatile piece of equipment."