eXcelon™: Back-Illuminated CCD and EMCCD Detector Technology
Breakthrough Back-Illuminated CCD and EMCCD Detector Technology Sets a New Standard for Sensitivity
New eXcelon sensors provide excellent photon-detection capabilities across a wide spectrum, from 200nm to 1100nm, and are particularly beneficial for applications requiring enhanced sensitivity in the Blue and near-infrared (NIR) region. In addition, eXcelon back-illuminated sensors significantly reduce etaloning, the problematic appearance of fringes due to constructive and destructive interference in the device's back-thinned silicon while imaging in the NIR region (750-1100nm).
Advantages of eXcelon technology over other technologies:
- Higher sensitivity across broader wavelength range (than standard thinned back-illuminated CCDs and standard back-illuminated deep-depletion CCDs)
- Lower etaloning (than standard thinned back-illuminated CCDs and standard back-illuminated deep-depletion CCDs)
- Lower dark current (similar to standard thinned back-illuminated CCDs and standard back-illuminated deep-depletion CCDs)
When eXcelon technology is applied to popular EMCCD devices, the result is a detector with sub-electron read noise, superb sensitivity, low dark current, little if any etaloning, and high frame rates - a combination unmatched in the world of CCD/CMOS sensors.
Available in several pixel-array formats:
- 1340 x 100 and 1340 x 400 CCD cameras for spectroscopy,
- 512 x 512 to 2048 x 2048 CCD cameras for imaging.
- 512 x 512 and 1024 x 1024 ProEM EMCCD cameras.
These new eXcelon-enabled cameras will target a wide variety of applications in both the life sciences and physical sciences. Examples include astronomy, Raman spectroscopy, live-cell imaging, confocal imaging, Total Internal Reflection Fluorescence Microscopy (TIRFM), Förster Resonance Energy Transfer (FRET), Bose-Einstein Condensate (BEC) imaging, solar cell inspection, as well as super resolution techniques such as STORM and PALM.
Application notes and news
Why make an enquiry with SelectScience?
- EASY It’s quick and simple to do
- FAST Your enquiry will be delivered straight to the manufacturer
- FREE You’re under no obligation
- SECURE We only pass your details on to trusted suppliers at your request
- SAVE TIME Submit your details once and make multiple enquiries