See all reviews
Member since 2013
Essel Research and Development Inc.
Read more »
"We develop scalable cardiac electrophysiology imaging techniques. One project involved designing a multi-parametric system for imaging a low-light 2D preparation of thin tissue slices. The three key parameters measured were transmembrane voltage, intracellular calcium concentration and excitation wave propagation. Traditional approaches use two camera systems, which may be too costly and technically challenging for most cardiac electrophysiology research groups. We used Photometrics’ Evolve 128 EMCCD camera, modern high-power LEDs and a custom-fabricated multi-band optical filter to image the key parameters in time and space. The Evolve 128 camera is very well designed and versatile. It had the speed needed to capture the rapid electrical wave propagation patterns in cardiac tissue. It also had sufficient well depth to capture large volumes of light at a low noise level, essential for imaging voltage dyes. And the after sales technical service allowed me to get going immediately."
The Evolve 128 is the ultimate deep-cooled, back-thinned EMCCD camera.
Years of engineering expertise have enabled Photometrics to offer life science researchers the world’s first advanced feature set designed specifically for low-light-level bio-imaging applications. Advanced features can easily be enabled or disabled.
Features such as Quant-View® enables precise and accurate research measurement and reproducible results. This sophisticated functionality enhances the quantitative nature of the camera, allowing researchers to concentrate on acquiring image data relevant to their work.
Evolve™ 128 EMCCD Camera Features:
- Measure and Quantify Your Data in Photoelectrons
- Streamline Workflow and Save Time
- Set the Standard in Your Research
Application notes and news
- Single-Camera, Multi-Parametric Imaging of Human Stem Cell-Derived Heart Tissue
- New-Generation CCD/EMCCD Technology: A review of eXcelon™ Technology
- Advanced Feature Set for Photometrics Evolve™ EMCCD Cameras
- First Single Camera, Multi-Parametric Cardiac Imaging System Uses Photometrics® Evolve™ EMCCD Camera
- Photometrics® Announces Exclusive eXcelon™ Technology Integration for Evolve™ 512 and 128 EMCCD Cameras
Why make an enquiry with SelectScience?
- EASY It’s quick and simple to do
- FAST Your enquiry will be delivered straight to the manufacturer
- FREE You’re under no obligation
- SECURE We only pass your details on to trusted suppliers at your request
- SAVE TIME Submit your details once and make multiple enquiries