The new Eppendorf BioSpectrometer is a small, very compact spectrophotometer for measurements in the UV and VIS range. Sepctra can be recorded and individual wavelength measurements can be made in a spectral range of 200 nm to 830 nm. What's more, the cuvette shaft of the BioSpectrometer kinetic is temperature controlled from +20°C to +42°C, meaning that enzyme and substrate kinetics can be meas...read more
2 scientists have reviewed this product
See all reviews
Member since 2013
Read more »
"Response time is average. Signal to noise ratio could be better but I suspect the issue is with the diffraction grating being used. Looking forward to the next generation UV Vis spectrophotometer from Eppendorf."
The new Eppendorf BioSpectrometer is a small, very compact spectrophotometer for measurements in the UV and VIS range. Sepctra can be recorded and individual wavelength measurements can be made in a spectral range of 200 nm to 830 nm. What's more, the cuvette shaft of the BioSpectrometer kinetic is temperature controlled from +20°C to +42°C, meaning that enzyme and substrate kinetics can be measured directly in the device. No device upgrade with accessories is necessary for temperature control.
■ UV/Vis spectral range 220 nm to 830 nm
■ Xenon flash lamp with very long service life
■ Preprogrammed methods for a quick start
■ Guided software process to minimize errors
■ Operation directly on the device, no PC necessary
■ Large, easy-to-read 5.7-inch color display
■ Storage of measuring results (> 1,000) right in the device
■ Integrated data processing option for specific methods
Only BioSpectrometer kinetic:
■ Integrated Peltier element for temperature control of the cuvette shaft
■ Freely selectable cuvette shaft temperature control in a range of +20°C to +42°C with 0.1°C increments
■ Preprogrammed and freely programmable kinetic methods
■ Subsequent modification of the time window for regression evaluation
In addition to standard cuvettes such as the Eppendorf UVette, special microliter measuring cells can be used to measure the most minute volumes. With this option, the Eppendorf BioSpectrometers cover a wide range of concentrations and volumes in addition to standard laboratory methods.
Application notes and news
- Determination of Nucleic Acid Concentrations Using Fluorescent Dyes in the Eppendorf BioSpectrome...
- Determination of Cell Density in Bacterial Cultures Using the Hellma Fiber Optic Probe in Combina...
- Determination of Enzyme Kinetics in the Eppendorf BioSpectrometer® kinetic Using a Hexokinase and...
- Evaluation of Kits for RNA Determination Using the Eppendorf BioSpectrometer® fluorescence
- Eppendorf Offers a Comprehensive Range of Detection Products for Food and Beverage Applications
- Eppendorf Extends its Detection Product Portfolio with the Launch of New Instruments and Accessor...