The Epic ® System consists of an SBS-standard 384-well microplate with optical sensors and HTS-compatible microplate reader capable of reading up to 40,000 wells per 8 hours and a set of label-free, direct-bind and functional assay protocols. Its sensitivity of 5pg/mm 2 enables the detection of the binding of a 300Da compound to a 70kDa immobilized target with CVs of 10% or less. This powerful c...read more
4 scientists have reviewed this product
See all reviews
Member since 2012
Read more »
"Assay: time from equilibration to external fluid addition results in loss of initial collection point. The ensuing response time could be tens of minutes, Data analysis is pedestrian- data is exported, run through a macro, then analyzed. Cost per plate is extreme."
The Epic® System consists of an SBS-standard 384-well microplate with optical sensors and HTS-compatible microplate reader capable of reading up to 40,000 wells per 8 hours and a set of label-free, direct-bind and functional assay protocols. Its sensitivity of 5pg/mm2 enables the detection of the binding of a 300Da compound to a 70kDa immobilized target with CVs of 10% or less. This powerful combination of features and performance capabilities not only enables researchers to evaluate many of the biomolecular interactions in molecular and cellular biology, but also provides the added benefit of integration with an already installed HTS capital base. In addition, the Epic® System makes the screening of "intractable" targets and pathway interactions that cannot be screened today possible.
The universal applicability of the Epic® System across biochemical assay types also enables the discovery of new chemical entities (small molecule) as well as new biological entities (large molecule).
Application notes and news
- Corning® Epic® Label-Free Cell Based Assay: Development of a One-Day Assay for Adherent Cells
- An Innovative Label-Free Cellular Systems Biology Approach to Drug Discovery
- Label-Free Ion Channel Assays Using the Corning® Epic® System
- Epitope Mapping and Development of a Hybridoma Screening Strategy on the Corning® Epic® System
- Corning® Epic® Aggregation Assay
- Corning® Epic® System: Real-time Monitoring of Cell Response to Virus Infection
- Corning® Epic® System: MAP Kinase
- Improved Cell-Based Screening of an Endogenously Expressed Gs-Coupled GPCR Using the Epic® System...
- Cell-Based Agonist and Antagonist Screens of the Endogenously Expressed 2AR in A431 Cells on the ...
- Label-Free 7,000 Fragment Screening Using the Corning® Epic® System
- Development of an Epic® Assay for an Endogenous Purinergic P2Y Receptor P2Y Receptor in CHO and P...
- Low pI Protein Immobilization Strategy: Cationization
- Dynamic Mass Redistribution Reflects G Protein-Coupled Receptor Signal Trafficking
- Epic® Cell Assays for Probing Endogenous Ion Channels
- Corning to Showcase Automation Portfolio at SLAS2013
- Tools and Equipment for Cell Culture, Molecular Biology and Drug Screening
- Corning Life Sciences to Host Tutorials and Posters at SBS 2010
- Drug Discovery Conferences Highlight Research Advancements Made with the Corning® Epic® System
- Corning Life Sciences: Booth 64 at SBS
- Corning® Epic® high-throughput label-free screening system at the Elrig/SBS...
- Corning Introduces Integrated Liquid-Handling Accessory for the Epic® System
- Corning® Epic® System Wins ALA New Product Award