DRAQ5™ is a novel far-red fluorescent LIVE cell DNA dye that can be used in combination with other common fluors, especially GFP fusions & FITC-tags.
DRAQ5™ has many applications and is highly compatible with existing protocols across a wide range of instrumentation platforms. Biostatus is happy to provide extensive pre-sales technical support for your application.
Main application areas are HCS, flow cytometry and fluorescence microscopy.
* Rapid staining of dsDNA/nuclei of LIVE or fixed cells
* Easy to use - no lyse, no wash, no RNase needed
* Ideal for use with GFP & FITC labels - DRAQ5™ fluoresces in the far-red region
* Cost-effective analysis
DRAQ5™ is the ideal nuclear counterstain for HCS.
It can reduce the screening time by 50%.
It permits simultaneous visualisation of the cytoplasm and the nucleus with one fluorophore!!!
Suitable for all HCS platforms including GE InCell 3000 and Evotec Technologies' Opera.
Application notes and news
- Simple Cytometry Method Offers Alternative to Manual Scoring of Blood Smears
- DNA Binding Dyes in Flow Cytometric Sample Gating
- Total nucleated cell differential
- Cell cycle analysis of blood / BM
- Use of Far-Red Emitting DNA Dye DRAQ5 for Cell Cycle Analysis with Microplate Cytometry
- Flow Cytometry: Flow Sorting Cells for PCR
- New applications for imaging and cytometry in drug discovery
- New in vitro tox application for DRAQ5
- Nucl:Cyto Segmentation in HCS Imaging Enabled by Far-Red Dye
- New live cell pathway analysis method uses DRAQ5
- Improved bone marrow differential method with DRAQ5
- Extending possibilities for cell-based HCS in drug discovery
- DRAQ5 is an ideal DNA dye for fixed cell preparations in fluorescence microscopy