A thermoreversible gel compatible with LIVE cells.
It can be used to immobilise non-adherent cells and beads by simple warming, and conversely allowing their recovery by simple cooling.
CyGEL™ is unusual in that it is a liquid when cold and a gel when warmed!
What are the key benefits?
CyGEL™ has many applications in imaging, flow cytometry and cell-based screening. It is compatible with LIVE cells, usefully allowing their immobilisation for analysis and subsequent release for ongoing experimentation.
Key benefits include:-
- allows rapid preparation of cells for gel mounting
- permits long term analysis of non-adherent cells
- acts as a support matrix
- permits sterile, low temperature recovery of cells from gel
- multiple assay formats and applications including apoptosis detection
Application notes and news
- Thermo-Reversible Mountant Validated for Live Parasite Imaging
- Biostatus to Showcase Live Zebrafish Imaging HCS at Drug Discovery 2009
- Imaging Mountant for live C.elegans
- CyGel - For Simply Better Zebrafish Imaging
- New applications for imaging and cytometry in drug discovery
- Extending possibilities for cell-based HCS in drug discovery