CyFlow® Oenolyser - Automatic Detection, Quantification and Live/Dead Analysis of Yeasts in Wine
A major problem in red wine production with high economical impact is the appearance of off-flavours caused by Brettanomyces sp. yeasts during wine maturation.
Unwanted taste components like ”antispetic“, ”bretty“, ”cheese“, ”rancidity“, ”horse sweat“ and, ”animalic note“ cause wine spoilage and reduce wine quality and price. Brettanomyces spoilage can be prevented by adding sulphur dioxide at an early stage of maturation before Brettanomyces develop in reasonable numbers. Yeast proliferation is particularly sensitive to the presence of sulphur. Sulphur dioxide treatment itself influences the wines buquet and reduces sales prices significantly. Therefore, after finishing the alcoholic fermentation by Saccharomyces yeast, early detection and quantification of Brettanomyces in maturating wine is required to ensure low numbers and/or no proliferation of this organism. Partec flow cytometry solutions are now replacing conventional methods which have been too expensive and time consuming to prevent wine spoilage by Brettanomces on a wide scale.
- Highly Sensitive and Affordable Quality Control of Wine
- Fast Detection and Quantification of Contaminants
- Innovative Highly Economic and Efficient Detection Method
- Test Price: approx. EUR 5 per Test, only
- Developed in Close Cooperation with IFV (ITV & ENTAV) - Institut Français de la Vigne et du Vin