Cryogenic mill with liquid nitrogen Autofill System for sample preparation
RETSCH’s new CryoMill is the ideal choice for size reduction of sample materials which cannot be processed at room temperature. An integrated cooling system ensures that the grinding jar is continually cooled with liquid nitrogen before and during the grinding process. Thus the sample is embrittled and volatile components are preserved. An Autofill System provides liquid nitrogen in the required amount so that the user never gets into direct contact with the LN2 which makes operating the mill particularly safe.
The new CryoMill generation achieves considerably improved grind sizes thanks to the increased oscillating frequency of 30 Hz. Another new feature is the possibility to store up to 9 SOPs. Further improvements include a reinforced housing, optimized liquid nitrogen duct and new accessories such as an adapter for 6 reaction vials and a 10 ml grinding jar. The mill can also be operated without cooling which makes it suitable for a vast range of applications.
• Powerful cryogenic grinding by impact and friction
• 3 different grinding modes (cryogenic, dry or wet at ambient temperature)
• Closed LN2-system (autofill) for enhanced safety, avoids any contact of the user with liquid nitrogen
• Screw-top grinding jars for convenient, leak-proof operation
• Wide range of accessories including LN2 feeding system, various jar and ball sizes, adapter racks
Retsch is the leading solution provider for neutral-to-analysis sample preparation and characterization of solids. On the basis of more than 90 years of experience RETSCH develops innovative size reduction and sieving equipment which is characterized by excellent performance, operating convenience, safety and a long lifetime.
Application notes and news
- The Art of Milling
- Sample Preparation and Analysis of Arsenic in Rice
- Sample Preparation of Human and Animal Hair
- Bigger is Not Better – Sample Preparation in the Pharmaceutical Industry
- Neutral-to-Analysis Sample Preparation for the Detection of PAH and Phthalates
- Retsch Release the New Generation CryoMill for Convenient and Efficient Cryogenic Grinding