7.5% Criterion™ TGX Stain–Free™ Gel, 12+2–well, 45 μl (567-8023)
Pkg of 1, 7.5% precast polyacrylamide gel, 12+2–well, 45 μl, for use with Criterion and Criterion™ Dodeca™ electrophoresis cells and stain-free enabled imagers.
The new Criterion TGX (Tris-Glycine eXtended) Stain-Free precast gels for PAGE are based on the long shelf TGX formulation and include unique trihalo compounds that allow rapid fluorescent detection of protein with the Gel Doc EZ and ChemiDoc™ MP imaging systems.
- Fast run times with protein separation, gel imaging, and complete analysis in less than 30 minutes
- Rapid fluorescent detection with the Gel Doc EZ and ChemiDoc MP imaging systems
- Comparable results to Coomassie stain
- Better reproducibility and quantitation compared to other staining procedures
- Inexpensive Laemmli buffer system, low running cost
- Protein transfer in as little as 15 minutes
- Same gel can be used for staining, western blotting, or mass spectrometry
TGX Stain-Free gels retain Laemmli-like separation characteristics using standard sample and Tris/Glycine running buffers. The proteins in the gel can be separated in as little as 20 minutes using the Criterion electrophoresis cell and then visualized with the Gel Doc EZ and ChemiDoc MP imagers in as little as 2.5 minutes.
The trihalo compounds react with tryptophan residues in a UV-induced reaction to produce fluorescence, which can be easily detected by the Gel Doc EZ and ChemiDoc MP imagers within gels or on a PVDF membrane after transfer.
Application notes and news
- General V3 Western Blotting Protocol
- New Study Reports Bio-Rad’s TGX Stain-Free Gels Streamline GeLC-MS Workflow
- Independent Study Reports V3 Western Workflow™ with Stain-Free Technology Yields Superior Western Blotting ...
- No More Western Blotting Worries: Bio-Rad’s New V3 Western Workflow™ Provides Confidence at Every Step of t...
Why make an enquiry with SelectScience?
- EASY It’s quick and simple to do
- FAST Your enquiry will be delivered straight to the manufacturer
- FREE You’re under no obligation
- SECURE We only pass your details on to trusted suppliers at your request
- SAVE TIME Submit your details once and make multiple enquiries