- Ease of use
- After sales service
- Value for money
Charged Aerosol Detection is a unique technique in which the HPLC column eluent is first nebulized with nitrogen and the resulting droplets dried, producing analyte particles. A second stream of gas is positively charged as it passes a high-voltage, corona wire. This charge transfers difusionally to the opposing stream of analyte particles. The amount of charge acquired is directly proportional to particle size. The charge is transferred to the collector where it is measured by a highly sensitive electrometer, generating a signal that is in direct proportion to the quantity of the analyte present.
Corona CAD’s major benefits include:
Excellent Sensitivity - CAD technology provides consistently high sensitivity (low nanogram) and low limits of detection independent of chemical structure.
More consistent response - Corona CAD shows consistent inter-analyte response independent of chemical structure. CAD response does not depend on analyte optical properties or the ability to ionize.
Wide dynamic range - Corona CAD’s unique method of detection allows quantitation across a range that exceeds 4 orders of magnitude (low ng to high µg)
Broad applicability - The Corona CAD detector provides the ability to measure virtually any non- or semi-volatile analyte, with or without a chromophore: from protein, DNA and oligosaccharides, to amino acids, drugs and ions.
Wide dynamic range - The Corona CAD offers consistent and reproducible performance and attains excellent precision making it practical for routine analysis in the QC environment.
2005 Pittcon Silver Award - New Products and R&D Top 100 New Products of 2005
Application notes and news
- PEGylated Protein and Free PEG Analysis by Size Exclusion Chromatography and Charged Aerosol Detection
- Lipid Analysis by Reversed-Phase HPLC and Corona CAD: Algal Oil
- Biodiesel Analysis by Normal Phase HPLC and Corona CAD
- Ions in Biodiesel - Corona® CAD® Charged Aerosol Detector
- Lactose in Milk: A Validated Method
- Detecting Artificial Sweeteners - 2 Sweet'N Low
- Analysis of Corn Syrup Using the Corona Charged Aerosol Detectors
- Analysis Using Corona ™ Charged Aerosol Detector - Ginkgo Biloba
- ESA Biosciences and Waters Corporation announce collaboration
- Corona® CAD® Simplifies Analysis of Cations and Anions: New Method is More Efficient,...
- ESA to Feature Universal and High-Sensitivity HPLC Detection Systems and Unprecedented Scientific Content a...
|Marc David Grynbaum|
See all reviews
Member since 2011
Read more »
"Simple to use."