Corona® Charged Aerosol Detector
See all reviews
Member since 2014
Consultant in Analytical Chemistry and Preparative Chromatography
Read more »
"I had high hopes on the CAD and it does offer something quite unique - universal response. But the truth is that this detector is unreliable and not the foundation you need for robust methods. The reason is noise. I've been using these detectors for, I believe, seven years and they keep failing in terms of spikes, base line shifts and increasing noise. Cleaning is neither easy nor does it completely solve the problems. The complicated, but yet crude, system of gas flows, exhausts lines and drains still have many years of research ahead before the CAD should be considered as detector for a routine analysis. I consider myself experienced in this field after many years of research on vaporizing systems, but in a contract lab you simply do not have time for days and weeks of troubleshooting. The knowledge and service from Thermo is also very limited. Unfortunately I cannot recommend this detector at the moment. "
See all reviews
Member since 2006
Syngenta Crop Protection
Read more »
"Very easy to use, you don't have to adjust settings such as nebulizer gas pressure or temperature. Haven't had to service the instrument once, despite a years worth of use."
The Thermo Scientific Corona® CAD® Detector identifies any non-volatile or semi-volatile analyte, with or without a chromophore.
Based on a unique, innovative detection technology, the Corona CAD detector offers performance that refractive index (RI), low wavelength UV, and evaporative light scattering (ELS) detectors simply can't match.
The Corona CAD detector is highly versatile, allowing easy integration with existing instrumentation to support a wide range of information-rich applications including pharmaceuticals, lipids, proteins, carbohydrates, ions, oligosaccharides, polymers, and surfactants.
Corona® Charged Aerosol Detector Features:
- Nanogram sensitivity
- Gradient compatibility
- Wide dynamic range: a range that exceeds 4 orders of magnitude
- Consistent, reproducible performance with excellent precision
- Complementary and orthogonal data to that of UV and MS
- More consistent response: less dependent on chemical structure than other detectors
- Broad applicability: measure virtually any non- or semi-volatile analyte
Application notes and news
- Analysis of a Sports Beverage for Electrolytes and Sugars Using Multi-Mode Chromatography with Charged Aero...
- Determination of Ginsenosides in Panax ginseng by HPLC-CAD
- Determination of Triterpenes in Centella asiatica (Gotu Kola) by HPLC-CAD
- New HPLC Column from Thermo Fisher Scientific Separates Wide Variety of Pharmaceutical Counterions
Join the Global SelectScience Community Today! It’s FREE!
Helping you make informed decisions about the latest lab products and technologies:
- Be the first to learn about new technologies
- 10,000+ trusted product reviews from your peers
- Compare 500,000 products and manufacturers
- Get exclusive buying tips from experts
- Find solutions fast: 10,000+ Application Notes, Webinars and Videos
Connect with 250,000 scientists... All in one place!