cOmplete Lysis-B (2x)Roche Applied Science - a member of the Roche Group
Reagent kit that enables rapid lysis of bacteria for highly efficient protein extraction and concurrent protection of extracted proteins against a multitude of proteases
Use Complete Lysis-B (2x) to rapidly lyse bacteria in only 10 minutes and simultaneously inhibit protease activity in the cell lysate. The kit enables highly efficient protein extraction and concurrent inhibition of a multitude of proteases, including serine proteases, cysteine proteases, and metalloproteases.
The Lysis-B Reagent purifies inclusion bodies to near-homogeneous levels, but does not solubilize them. The extracted proteins are suitable for further purification or analysis in downstream applications.
- Save time with a fast and easy method for complete and gentle lysis of bacteria in only 10 minutes.
- Obtain high yields of extracted proteins.
- Ensure protein integrity by using reagents that do not denature or interact with proteins.
- Extract soluble proteins and purify inclusion bodies.
- Extract recombinant proteins from insect cells infected by baculovirus.
- Achieve non-toxic, effective protection of proteins against a multitude of proteases (serine proteases, cysteine proteases, and metalloproteases).
- Employ reagents that are compatible with downstream assays.
The Complete Lysis-B (2x) bacterial protein extraction reagent contains a mild, double-concentrated, non-ionic detergent that enables very efficient and gentle extraction of proteins, especially recombinant proteins, from bacteria (e.g., E. coli) in small volumes. This simple extraction method completely eliminates the need for mechanical disruption (e.g., standard sonication). Rapid cell lysis occurs in just 10 minutes at room temperature. The protein yields obtained with this kit are significantly higher compared to those obtained by using sonication.
In combination with Complete, Mini Protease Inhibitor Cocktail Tablets, included in the kit, the Lysis-B Reagent provides a very convenient and efficient way to extract proteins and simultaneously inhibit protease activity during the initial extraction steps. Complete Tablets eliminate the time-consuming search for the right protease inhibitor. The ready-to-use water-soluble, non-toxic tablets work optimally with the kit’s Lysis-B Reagent. The extracted proteins can be further purified or analyzed in downstream applications.
100 ml Lysis-B Reagent for protein extraction from bacterial cells (2x concentrated)
20 Complete, Mini Protease Inhibitor Cocktail Tablets supplied in EASYpacks (each tablet is sufficient for 5 ml of extract)