Clarity™ Western ECL Substrate
Chemiluminescent western blot detection is a highly sensitive alternative to isotopic detection of proteins bound to blotting membranes. The Bio-Rad Clarity western ECL substrate is compatible with any HRP-conjugate secondary antibody and ideal for both digital and film-based imaging. Substrate components are stable for at least one year at room temperature.
The Clarity substrate provides excellent sensitivity, very low background levels, and an extremely long signal duration. This produces exceptionally clear images and allows re-imaging without loss of signal. The combination of a bright, long signal and low background makes the Clarity substrate the perfect choice for most blotting applications.
Features of the Clarity western ECL substrate:
• Femtogram level sensitivity
• 24 hour signal duration
• 1 year shelf life at room temperature
• Ideal for digital and film-based imaging
Application notes and news
- Avoiding Housekeeping Protein Detection Saturation
- Determining the Appropriate Film Exposure Time for Protein Detection after Western Blotting
- Determining the Appropriate Sample Load for Western Blots
- General Protocol for Western Blotting
- New Products and Free Samples from Bio-Rad Life Sciences
- Western Blotting Detection Substrate Takes the Guesswork out of Selection