Chromolith® HighResolution: High resolution separations without ultra high pressure
With Merck Millipore’s new Chromolith® HighResolution columns, high resolution separations can be carried out easily. The peak capacity is improved, even though the back-pressure is more than 2 times lower than any particulate packed column of the same size.
Benefits of Chromolith® HighResolution at a glance:
• Column performance corresponds to that of 3 µm particle packed columns
• Separation performance at least 50 percent higher than standard Chromolith® columns
• Back-pressure over twice as low as that of particulate packed columns
• 30 percent longer lifetime compared to particle packed columns
Chromatographic performance significantly improved
The revolutionary monolithic Chromolith® HighResolution columns are made from a single rod of high-purity monolithic silica, rather than from particles. Their unique bimodal pore structure allows the chromatographic performance to be improved significantly. The new Chromolith® HighResolution is therefore 50 percent more efficient and has outstanding peak symmetry. This means that analysis times can be reduced using shorter columns, while the lifetime of the Chromolith® HighResolution columns is 30 percent longer.
Chromolith® HighResolution columns – the ideal alternative to 3µm particle columns
At 1 ml/min flow rate a chromatogram run on a Chromolith® HighResolution column looks almost identical to the same chromatogram run on the particulate column packed with sub 3µm particles. Chromolith® HighResolution columns even achieve similar results to a 2.6µm ID core-shell particle column, with significantly less back-pressure.
Higher resolution thanks to column coupling
The low back-pressure also allows multiple columns to be coupled together. Therefore two Chromolith® HighResolution columns can easily be coupled in order to achieve even higher resolution. A polar endcapped stationary phase allows peak-tailing-free elution in basic compounds. Matrix-rich samples should be analyzed using Chromolith®, since this column type has a longer lifetime.
Why make an enquiry with SelectScience?
- EASY It’s quick and simple to do
- FAST Your enquiry will be delivered straight to the manufacturer
- FREE You’re under no obligation
- SECURE We only pass your details on to trusted suppliers at your request
- SAVE TIME Submit your details once and make multiple enquiries