CHO-K1 AequoScreen® Parental Cell Line
AequoScreen™ Parental cell lines express stably express mitochondrially targeted apoaequorin.
GPCRs of your choice can be transiently / stably transfected into these cell lines. Following GPCR stimulation, increases in intracellular calcium enable measurement of the resulting flash luminescence signal. Two vials of cryopreserved cells are shipped per order.
- Functional, homogenous and generic assay platform for Gs, Gi and Gq coupled GPCRs
- Fully automatable and miniaturizable to 1536
- Enables reduction in reagents and consumable costs
- High signal to background ratio enabling detection of agonists, antagonists and allosteric modulators
- Robust assay (Z, CV values, solvent resistance)
- Reduces the number of false positives from autofluorescent compounds in screening libraries
- Option to work with cells in suspension to increase throughput
- Amenable for use with calcium coupled ion channels and tyrosine kinase receptors