CFX Connect™ Real–Time PCR Detection System (185-5200)
See all reviews
Member since 2007
Read more »
"Overall the instrument is handy but it does not allow you to run all samples amplified with primers tagged with all types of fluorophores. For example I cannot detect signal from PCR with Cy5 tagged primers. I would recommend making sure it filters for your choice of fluorophores."
Manufacturer's Response"The three channel CFX Connect optical hardware is specifically designed to detect up to two fluorophores per well within an excitation/emission spectral range between 450-580 nm. This spectral range was selected to offer an affordable instrument that supports the most commonly selected dyes for duplex experiments and single color experiments using intercalating dyes. The spectral range for Cy5 is located in the far red spectrum. For greater flexibility in fluorophore selection and the ability to accommodate Cy dyes, the CFX96 Touch system offers the ability to detect the full spectrum of fluorophores from 450-730 nm.
The CFX Connect real–time PCR detection system offers two–target analysis, excellent thermal cycler specifications, and the same reliable performance as the CFX96 Touch™ real–time PCR detection system.
The system incorporates innovative optical technologies with powerful software to provide maximal reliability and efficiency for all your real–time PCR needs.
The CFX Connect real–time PCR detection system offers:
- Easy startup — obtain great results right away with factory–calibrated dyes, quick setup, and intuitive software
- Effortless optimization — save time and reduce costs by optimizing assays in a single run using the thermal gradient
- Powerful data analysis tools — quickly and accurately validate and analyze data with the advanced analysis modules of CFX Manager™ software
- Accelerated publication submission — include MIQE annotations and generate RDML files using Biogazelle's qbasePLUS software
Join the Global SelectScience Community Today! It’s FREE!
Helping you make informed decisions about the latest lab products and technologies:
- Be the first to learn about new technologies
- 10,000+ trusted product reviews from your peers
- Compare 500,000 products and manufacturers
- Get exclusive buying tips from experts
- Find solutions fast: 10,000+ Application Notes, Webinars and Videos
Connect with 250,000 scientists... All in one place!