The CellJet Cell Printer incorporates Digilab’s proprietary liquid dispensing technology, offering both on-the-fly and drop-by-drop non-contact cell printing while maintaining the viability of even the most delicate cells.
The CellJet gives the user full control over critical dispense parameters such as height of dispense, dispense speed and positioning of dispense head with a 10 µm resolution. Digilab Inc.’s proprietary synQUAD technology allows printing of both ordinary cell media with watery consistency, and viscous solutions such as Hydrogels.
The CellJet can print onto all commonly used cell culture equipment – standard microtiter plates, petri dishes and slides, as well as prefabricated scaffolds or customized biochips.
The instrument is easy to clean and has an effective design for a hassle-free maintenance. The fluid path (to which cells come in contact with) can be disinfected/sterilized using all commonly used agents e.g. 70 % Isopropanol, 2% Gluteraldehyde.
Digilab CellJet Cell Printer Features & Benefits
• The instrument is available in single-channel configuration for printing a single type of cell/reagent at one time, or 2- or 4- channels for dispensing multiple cell types/reagents simultaneously
• All configurations can print droplets of volumes ranging from 20 nL to 4µL. Multiple droplets of desired volume can be printed for larger-volume applications
Choice of drop-by-drop or on-the-fly dispensing modes for increased printing accuracy/throughput respectively
• Capable of gentle handling of cells, maintains high cell-viability of delicate and robust cells
• synQUAD technology is able to dispense fluids with a wide viscosity range, ranging from viscosity comparable to water e.g. typical cell media, to highly viscous media / solutions such as 1-2% Alginate or 30% Polyethylene glycol
• Easy-to-use software offers flexibility of customized print patterns / programs. High productivity with multiple users after minimal training
• System dispenses a full range of cell types, from robust to delicate, both adherent and suspension cell types
• Fits into most standard Laminar-flow hoods
• Larger deck formats are available to support high-throughput applications/robotic integration.
• Can print live-cells/reagents/samples containing cells to all standard commercially available microtiter well plates (6 to 1586-well plates), as well as customized or pre-fabricated substrates or analysis platforms, e.g. Biochips.