CarboPac® PA200 Carbohydrate Column
Fast, pH-Stable Separation of Oligosaccharides
A variety of HPLC approaches are proposed for characterizing oligosaccharides, but many prove inadequate for separating complex mixtures and are limited by a lack of specificity and high limits of detection. Dionex has developed an improved HPLC technique for carbohydrate analysis based on anion-exchange chromatography coupled with pulsed amperometric detection. This technique provides high-resolution separations with sensitive and specific detection, without derivatization.
CarboPac® PA200 columns are packed with a hydrophobic, polymeric, pellicular anion-exchange resin stable over the range of pH 0–14. The unique pH-stability of the packing material allows the use of eluent compositions that are conducive to anodic oxidation of carbohydrates at gold electrodes.
CarboPac® PA200 Carbohydrate Column Features:
- Sensitive, direct detection with no derivatization, using pulsed amperometric detection
- Very high-efficiency separations
- Separations based on size, charge, degree of branching, and linkage isomerism
- Low flow rate saves on eluent consumption
- Does not require derivatization
- Length: 50, 250 mm
- ID: 3.0 mm