CAMAG BioLuminizer™ for bioluminescence detection
CAMAG BioLuminizer™ for bioluminescence detection:
Toxicity screening of complex mixtures following separation on a HPTLC plate is a new technique invented by Bayer. Now Chromadex has incorporated this technology into a commercial kit (Bioluminex™) utilizing the bioluminescent bacteria, Vibrio fischeri. Following separation detection is required.
The CAMAG BioLuminizer™ is the perfect detector for this exceptionally innovative approach.
CAMAG created an optimized system for detecting bioluminescence patterns on TLC plates. The BioLuminizer™ is the system, which has been specifically designed to balance the need for sensitivity, cost effectiveness and ease of use.
State of the Art Bioluminescence Detection
- High resolution cooled CCD camera with a first grade chip of the latest generation.
- Exceptionally high quantum efficiency of up to 65% for short exposure times.
- State of the Art 16 bit data acquisition detects smallest change in intensity.
- Resolution optimized to resolve all details on the TLC plate following treatment with Bioluminex™.
Perfect Conditions for Vibrio fischeri
- Optimized TLC plate compartment to preserve a favorable environment for luminescent bacteria like Vibrio fischeri.
- No dry-out, the bacteria are kept moist and luminescent for hours.
- Stable environment allowing long term and differential measurements.
- Predictable bioluminescence activity for reproducible results.
- compact System, user-friendly handling, easy to clean setup