Buck M530 Quick-Scan Infrared Spectrophotometer
• EZ-scan software for instrument control and data acquisition
• Wave number range 4000 to 600 cm-
• 2 cm-1 Nominal resolution
• Four scanning speeds 3, 6, 12, and 24 minutes
• 1 Volt analog output, RS-232 serial port & USB port
Quick-Scan Infrared Spectrophotometer
The Buck Scientific Model 530 IR Spectrometer is an update to the Model 500. It has completely redesigned electronics using current microprocessor technology. Its basic functions are essentially the same as the Model 500 and the two instruments can be run side by side.
The 530 can communicate with external programs using either USB or RS-232 connections. The new design uses stronger stepping motors providing faster completion of Go To commands. The Model 530’s display is a touch screen. There are no buttons or switches on the face of the instrument. Touching the display screen accesses all of the instrument’s standalone functions. Spectra can be viewed on the instrument’s display screen during scans. This allows running survey scans without using a companion computer. Simplified standalone reporting provides tools for presenting measurement values as ratios in either Percent Transmission of Absorbance scales.
The M530 uses a high energy optical design and a sensitive DLATGS detector for excellent resolution over the full infrared range. Maximum performance is achieved with a fast scanning mechanism that is completely microprocessor driven. Every unit is manufactured to meet the highest quality standards. The straight forward mechanical and optical design has a reputation for low maintenance and is easily serviceable with quality affordable parts. The system is intrinsically rugged and performs well in even the harshest environments.
The M530 is the easiest IR spectrophotometer to operate and maintain. Touchscreen controls set all instrument parameters for operation and rapid data collection. Advanced self-help menus are user friendly even on complex applications. The unit does not require purge of moisture and CO2 prior to use, allowing for fast and easy sample analysis.
The M530 is the most cost effective infrared system available anywhere. Turn-key systems start at under $11K, half the cost of any other equivalent systems! The rugged design and quick serviceability result in long term cost savings for your laboratory.
Application notes and news
- Accurate Determination of Film Thickness by Fast-Scanning IR
- Accurate Characterization of Polymers and Additives in Personal Care Products and Packaging by Fast-Scannin...
- A 5-Minute Screening Method for Incoming Raw Materials in Pharmaceutical Manufacturing
- Rapid Field-Screening of Waste Oil / Solvent Drums with Horizontal ATR / Fast-Screening IR Spectroscopy