The BIOSTAT® B fermenter | bioreactor has been specially designed to cover the wide variety of requirements in biotechnological and biopharmaceutical research and development. With several thousands of units installed worldwide, BIOSTAT® B is the most successful autoclavable system of its class and is now available in the third generation.
A wide range of configurations is available to choose from for animal, plant and insect cell cultivation as well as for microbial fermentation. The process controller can be combined either with reusable stirred glass vessels or with single-use bioreactors made of pre-sterilized polycarbonate. Volumes range from 1L to 2L and from 5L to 10L. The system is capable of controlling either one or two vessels completely independently from each other.
Designed to meet your specific needs, BIOSTAT® B covers a wide range of applications, extending from use as a flexible basic unit for preclinical research to a fully qualified system that complies with the requirements of a validated GMP environment.
Typical areas of application include the following:
• Process development for the manufacture of vaccines, recombinant proteins and monoclonal antibodies
• Process strategy development using a batch, fed-batch, continuous or perfusion mode
• Scale-up and scale-down tests for commercial-scale manufacture
• Small-scale (pre-)production
• High cell-density fermentation
• Adherent cell cultures on microcarriers
• Low-shear-stress cell cultivation of sensitive organisms
• Cultivation of filamentous organisms
• Biofuel manufacturing
• Dual usage both for cell cultures and microbial applications, such as in academic research