SAXS Provides Complementary Structural Information to Protein Crystallography and NMR.
Three-dimensional structures derived from NMR and single crystal analysis are difficult to achieve at best and quite often the analyses fail. The time, energy and money spent on cloning, expressing and purifying proteins that refuse to crystallize or are inappropriate for NMR analysis, drive up the overall cost of structural biology research and if a project is abandoned when a structure cannot be produced, the efforts are totally wasted.
Rigaku's new BioSAXS-1000 SAXS camera is designed specifically to meet the needs of the structural biologist. Based on a patented two-dimensional Kratky design, the BioSAXS-1000 takes up much less space than a conventional 3-pinhole camera but offers better flux characteristics. Best of all, the BioSAXS-1000 can be mounted on the open port of a Rigaku rotating anode X-ray generator, taking full advantage of existing infrastructure, or it can be mated to a Rigaku microfocus sealed tube X-ray source.
A new BioSAXS-1000 AUTO configuration incorporates two time-saving features: an automatic sample changer for unattended overnight operation and an Automatic Analysis Pipeline based on the world standard ATSAS package from EMBL Hamburg.
- Automated sample changer (3 sample positions plus one standard)
- Simultaneous SAXS and WAXS measurements in a single image (qmax = 0.65 Å⁻¹)
- Easily installed on the open port of an existing generator or can be installed with your choice of
- X-ray source: Microfocus sealed tube, MicroMax-007 HF, FR-X
- Point focusing optics eliminates smearing issues common to traditional Kratky cameras.
- All system components are motorized for control from control computer.
- Photodiode beamstop for intensity measurements and sample absorption correction.
- Sample temperature control included with system.
- 2D Kratky collimation allows one to achieve low q measurements with no realignment
- Sample temperature control included with every system.
- SAXSLab data collection and processing software
Application notes and news
Why make an enquiry with SelectScience?
- EASY It’s quick and simple to do
- FAST Your enquiry will be delivered straight to the manufacturer
- FREE You’re under no obligation
- SECURE We only pass your details on to trusted suppliers at your request
- SAVE TIME Submit your details once and make multiple enquiries