Biohit Lactose Intolerance Quick Test
Biohit Lactose Intolerance Quick Test - Detection of Lactose Intolerance from a Biopsy Sample
Biohit’s unique Point of Care (POC) -Biohit Lactose Intolerance Quick Test in connection to gastroscopy enables a quick diagnosis of the patients suffering from lactose intolerance. The biopsy specimen taken from the mucosa of the upper part of the small intestine is examined immediately. The development of the color in the Biohit Lactose Intolerance Quick Test liquid after 20 minutes informs whether the lactase enzyme is present in the biopsy sample or not. In case of a normal biopsy sample, the color develops as the lactase enzyme of the biopsy sample breaks down the milk sugar added to the test buffer. However, if there is no or only a slight color reaction it can be concluded that the patient suffers from lactose intolerance.
The Biohit Lactose Intolerance Quick Test is a simple procedure with ready for use reagents, requires no special equipment and enables easy visual interpretation.
The Biohit Lactose Intolerance Quick Test proceeds according to the following reactions:
1. In the first step the lactase enzyme in the biopsy specimen breaks down the lactose substrate, into monosaccharides, glucose and galactose.
2. In the second, signal reaction step, the amount of glucose is detected by using a chromogen solution and the signal reaction solution, resulting in the formation of a colored compound.
Please note: Biohit Lactose Intolerance Quick Test is for research use only in the United States and Japan
Join the Global SelectScience Community Today! It’s FREE!
Helping you make informed decisions about the latest lab products and technologies:
- Be the first to learn about new technologies
- 10,000+ trusted product reviews from your peers
- Compare 500,000 products and manufacturers
- Get exclusive buying tips from experts
- Find solutions fast: 10,000+ Application Notes, Webinars and Videos
Connect with 250,000 scientists... All in one place!