Bioethanol by Merck - initiative for green solvents
Merck's product range now also includes Bioethanol, the first in the new green solvents product line. It is a high-quality, non-synthetic ethanol produced from sugar cane. Improved production methods make the price comparable to conventional petrochemical-based ethanol. Because sugar cane is a renewable raw material, a reliable supply of bioethanol is guaranteed. The new product can be used in place of the synthetic ethanol previously used for many types of analytical application in the lab.
Bioethanol is a result of the sustainability initiative launched by Merck. The aim of the initiative is to substitute synthetic chemicals with non-synthetic ones based on renewable raw materials. With this, the Darmstadt-based chemical and pharmaceuticals company is hoping to make a contribution towards environmental protection. Product safety for users is also increased, because bioethanol is much less toxic than its petrochemical-based equivalent.
Merck's Biotehanol is tested for a numerous rangeof test parameters. It’s supplied with the same quality documentation you’ve come to trust from Merck.
Key features at a glance:
• Bioethanol is Merck's first non-synthetic ethanol. It is produced from sugar cane.
• Its price is comparable to that of conventional ethanol.
• Bioethanol can be used reliably in place of its petrochemical-based equivalent for many types of application.
• The product is the result of the sustainability initiative launched by Merck.
• Bioethanol contributes to environmental protection. It is also safer for users, because the substance is less toxic.