Bio-Plex Pro Magnetic Cell Signaling Assays are multiplexed immunoassays for the detection of intracellular phosphoproteins and total target proteins in cell and tissue lysates. These assays utilize tailored antibodies bound on 6.5 µm magnetic beads. Bio-Plex Pro total target assays measure the total abundance of each target protein, regardless of its phosphorylation state. Bio-Plex Pro phosphoprotein assays measure the relative amounts of phosphorylated proteins only. When both phosphoprotein and total protein assays are performed, they must be run in different wells due to shared bead regions. Using the multiplex format, the profiles of multiple phosphorylated proteins involved in cell signaling pathways can be detected using only 50 µl of lysate.
Features and Benefits of Magnetic Cell Signaling Assays
• Compatible singleplex sets can be combined to create your own multiplex assay
• Assay protocol optimized for high sensitivity and broad dynamic range
• Highly specific antibodies developed and validated by Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
• Higher specificity sandwich format that minimizes cross-reactivity with other cellular proteins
• Low sample volume requirement
• Minimal hands-on time
• Assay quick guide to get you started right away
Applications and Uses of Magnetic Cell Signaling Assays
The capacity for multiplexed biomarker analysis makes the Bio-Plex® suspension array system the ideal platform for signal transduction assays. Bio-Plex Pro magnetic cell signaling technology can be used to determine intracellular levels of phosphorylated proteins in the investigation of diverse biological processes including apoptosis, translation control, gene expression, cell cycle regulation, cytoskeletal restructuring, and neurological function.