The PerkinElmer AxION DSA system is a technological breakthrough that eliminates the need for front-end gas or liquid chromatography separation, allowing samples to be directly ionized at the entrance to a mass spectrometer. This allows for significantly faster analysis time ultimately leading to faster decisions.
Engineered with PerkinElmer’s AxION Time-of-Flight (TOF) mass spectrometer, this system allows for the direct analysis of liquid, solid and gas samples. AxION DSA is the ultimate tool for streamlining and simplifying laboratory workflows while providing outstanding resolution, sensitivity, mass accuracy and wide dynamic range of a Time-of-Flight Spectrometer.
AxION® Direct Sample Analysis System (DSA™) Features:
- Directly Analyze your Sample - No chromatography; minimal to no sample preparation; no method development.
- Results in Seconds - Fast, accurate data acquisition when coupled to the AxION 2 TOF MS.
Accurate Data, Confident Results - When coupled to the AxION 2 TOF MS, <2 ppm accurate mass, fast acquisition rate and a wide dynamic range for semi-quantitative analysis.
- Exceptionally Sensitive - Enclosed system to prevent background laboratory contamination. No sample carryover enabled by disposable sample holders and fast analysis time.
- Rapid Data Processing - Easy post processing due to measurement of true molecular ions.
- Flexibility to Switch Between either LC or DSA Sample Introduction - Unique capillary extender allows switching without venting the system in minutes.
Application notes and news
- Automated Direct Sample Analysis (DSA/TOF) for the Rapid Screening and Confirmation of Illicit Street Drugs
- Milk Adulteration with Melamine – Screening, Testing and Real-Time Detection
- Rapid Detection of Vanilla Bean Extract Adulteration with Tonka Bean Extract with No Chromatography or Samp...
- Rapid Screening and Quantitation of Postharvest Fungicides on Citrus Fruits Using AxION DSA/TOF and Flexar ...
- Milk Authenticity – Organic v. Non-organic
- Food Fraud: Pomegranate Juice Adulteration
- Direct Sample Analysis (DSA) Solutions for Mass Spec Results in Seconds