Atmospheric Control Unit (ACU) – Regulates O2 and CO2 for cell-based microplate assays
The microprocessor controlled ACU, available for the Omega Series of microplate readers as well as the light-scattering microplate nephelometer NEPHELOstar Plus, offers dual independent control of both oxygen (O2 ) and carbon dioxide (CO2 ) within the microplate reader.
Oxygen levels are accurately monitored between 1% - 19% and carbon dioxide regulation is provided between 0% - 20%. Unique to the ACU, each gas is controlled independently so that any combination of CO 2 and O 2 within the maximum and minimum ranges can be defined, thus making it unnecessary to change gas cylinders or piped gas supplies. This makes the BMG LABTECH ACU the most flexible gas control system available in a microplate reader.
When used in combination with the Omega’s other features such as temperature control and shaking (orbital, double orbital and linear), users can reproduce most physiological conditions making cell-based assays more biologically relevant. Together with continuous monitoring, extended cell based experiments can be performed without user intervention, providing a true walk away hands free assays solution.
Atmospheric Control Unit (ACU) Advantages:
- Stabilizes pH and media
- Improves cell growth
- Establishes physiological conditions for eukaryotic cells
- Provides stable growth under hypoxic conditions
- Mammalian Cell Assay
- Stem Cell Assays
- Cell Viability
- Cell Proliferation
- Migration Studies
- Invasion Assays
- Intracellular pH
- Ischemia / Reperfusion
Application notes and news
- Growth of Campylobacter using BMG LABTECH’s FLUOstar Omega equipped with ACU
- New Microplate Reader Showcased
- BMG LABTECH is a Diamond Sponsor of the First Annual SLAS 2012
- The Omega Series with ACU – Complete and Individual Control of O2 and CO2 in The Award Winning Microplate R...
- The Omega Series Microplate Reader with ACU Feature: The Complete and Individual Control of O2 and CO2
- BMG LABTECH to Highlight New Applications at MIPTEC 2011
Why make an enquiry with SelectScience?
- EASY It’s quick and simple to do
- FAST Your enquiry will be delivered straight to the manufacturer
- FREE You’re under no obligation
- SECURE We only pass your details on to trusted suppliers at your request
- SAVE TIME Submit your details once and make multiple enquiries